mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Good job! What size FSR XC Comp?

Hi. I am looking at buying a FSR XC Comp from my LBS. They have it in a large, but not an extra-large. The large feels ok, but I would appreciate some advice as to whether I should look for an extra-large to at least try it. I am 6'2". Thanks a lot!

mtbr member
    What is your true inseam?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    94 centimetres / 37 inches. Thanks.

mtbr member
    You could ride either. The XL will have a longer top tube & will stretch you out a bit.
    The same fit can be accomplished with a longer stem or laid back seat post on the Large. A good shop can help you with fit & set up. Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I am the same height and leg measurements and bought a 2007 FSR XC Comp, size XL in January.
    I would recommend you go for the Large, the XL is a bit too big. I have the seat post set at it's lowest setting and it's just low enough.

Ideally you should go for a smaller frame (L) and use the height of the post to refine your riding position. You’ll be carrying around less weight as well

My next bike will certainly be a large.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Jacobus & SDK - thanks a lot for your advice. Very much appreciated.

mtbr member

Try both....

Quote Originally Posted by Julian007
    Hi. I am looking at buying a FSR XC Comp from my LBS. They have it in a large, but not an extra-large. The large feels ok, but I would appreciate some advice as to whether I should look for an extra-large to at least try it. I am 6'2". Thanks a lot!
    I am also 6'2". I purchased a '07 Stumpy Expert back in January. I felt best on the large. At our height we are right in between sizes. Both large and xlarge will work. It's just a matter of what you feel best with. I would suggest you try the Xlarge too. Since they don't have an XL comp in stock, ask to test an expert, elite, in XL. Test drive both sizes, then go with what feels best for you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks a lot. I'm relatively inexperienced and will be doing a bit of adventure racing so am leaning towards the Large for manoeuvrability and weight saving. Cheers!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Just bought one last night. I am 6 foot, 175lbs, pants size 33"x32" (W, L)

Fits like a charm. Black gloss.