mtbr member
    Mar 2008

New question here. What Size Enduro??? I'm 5' 10" 170lbs

Right now I have a hard rock Pro size Large 19". I'm looking at 2007 Enduro Expert, and Enduro SL. What size do you think would fir me. I know it's best to go ask small as possible. I'm 5' 10" 170lbs and inseam is 33.5-34 (With shoes on of course)

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hi DrewD0g,

seen this debate regularly on here, i had it with the 08 Stumpy which i purchased. Honestly the best way is to ride both, you will instantly know from there.
    Personally i would say the Medium, friend of mine owns a Medium Stumpy Enduro SL and feels perfect to me, im 5ft 11 and weigh 86kilos.

I also like a flickable nimble bike, the large pulled me to far forward and felt sooo different on the corners, especially on tight twisty sections.

Go and ride both first!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

medium

Hey, I'm 5'10" and 165 and ride a medium SL and am very happy. I do have to raise the post all the way up to the max insertion line for climbing so make sure the post is long enough.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    You can do M or L, depending on how you ride, I would suggest a M. I'm 6' and a M Enduro fits like a glove, even with the same frame you can adjust things a bit by simply getting a setback seatpost and different stem.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Hi there, I am also 5.10 and I own Enduro SL in M size. Problem is only (was) with seatpost. I had to pull it a little bit beyond safety mark and I couldn't sink it all the way in at descends. Solution: telescopic seatpost. Little extra weight but who cares.

You should try them both, M and L, if you can.

Do it
    Hi, I have an Enduro SL comp and i'm 5'9" and i'm 165.
    At first the bike felt a little too big but after a few rides it's perfect.
    By the way, mine's black, I think the white-orange-black is horrid.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Snapper81, What size bike do you have?

Do it
    Sorry Drew,,,, it's a Medium.
    I first thought of a small but after taking my measurements, the guys at my LBS called Specialized and responded that an M would be the right size.

mtbr member
    5'9" here and I ride the med Enduro SL. The large felt too long for me, I like to be back far enough to feel like I’m behind the cockpit on descents and not still in it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

medium

I'm 5'10", 170lbs -

I have an '07 Enduro SL comp medium - a blast to ride!

Do it
    Agree with georgen... best ride ever!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    For the people that are 5' 10" and ride on mediums...Do you guys have the handlebars moved forward and the seat back? I rode on an enduro medium and large and feel a little crammed on the mediums...but then again I'm use to riding my hard rock pro (large).

Wait, what!?
    I just bought a large SL. Many months ago I rode both sizes (med and large) around the parking for a bit, and then rented a large. It felt great to me on the trail, and thats why I chose that size (maybe the fact that the L was on sale helped a little bit too). I claim 6' but I know deep down I am juuuuust past 5'11"

My last bike was also a large, and I like the feel of them both. My buddy has a medium Enduro, and I dont like it very much on the trail. Just ride each bike in both sizes and you will know.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I didn't adjust the handlebars, but the seat is back a bit. Moving to the SL from a xc bike does make you feel a little cramped and more upright at first because the geometry is so different, but on the trail its great.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The large might feel allright in a parking lot or test ride but I know from experience that a big bike just seems to get bigger the more tired you become. Not an issue if you never do long rides, if you do it's hard to simulate without actually taking it on an epic