mtbr member

what is shock push?

I read about people getting their shock pushed? Push? something like that. I have tried searching the specialized threads and keep getting a Fatal Error message, something about memory. I ride an '04 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, weight about 190 lb, 5'10". The bike rides fine, but I'm wondering what people are mentioning with shock push.
    Thanks
    Ed

crap magnet
    I think it refers to shock a rebuild. There's a company called PUSH Industries in Loveland, CO that specializes in rebuilding front/rear MTB shocks. I guess if they've done your rebuild you've been "Pushed"
    When you find yourself on the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect.
    -Mark Twain

jmf
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Push iIndustries is a company that specializes in rebuilding and revalving shocks made by Fox Racing. I had the rear shock on my Enduro "Pushed" and it did improve the shocks small bump and square edge responce. They also install a pedaling platform to any non propedal shock. On the down side, the "push" process disables any lockout.I also have an 04 stumpjumper with a triad rear shock. I would not "push" this shock since I don't want
    to loose the lockout and the platform is perfect for my style of riding. A "pushed" Triad shock is the same thing as a "Pushed" Fox Float.
    hope this helps

mtbr member
    Im new to this forum, but I did a search and found lots of info on PUSH in the shocks forum. I have an 04 Stumpy with a Fox Float R, so that may be an option for me. However I will wait until it needs a rebuild, as I understand they also replace the seals and a few other parts.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the quick replies. i tried searching shock push in the shocks forum, too, and got the same error message. So my shock is i believe of the propedal design, Fox Float R, but it is not the triad with the lockouts. I guess the "push" is if your shock blows up, they will fix it for you for less than a replacement shock?
    Last edited by ewarnerusa; 03-21-2006 at 12:54 PM.

mtbr member
    http://www.pushindustries.com/

From the FAQ on website.
    Q: I’ve heard people talk about getting their suspension “Pushed”, what does that mean.
    A: The term “Pushed” is actually something that our customers have coined. It refers to our tuning services which can be found under the SERVICES tab of the site.

Thanks again for the replies.
    Ed

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ewarnerusa
    Thanks for the quick replies. i tried searching shock push in the shocks forum, too, and got the same error message. So my shock is i believe of the propedal design, Fox Float R, but it is not the triad with the lockouts. I guess the "push" is if your shock blows up, they will fix it for you for less than a replacement shock?
    Well if it "blows up" I think additional service may be involved.
    I meant in my previous post that instead of doing the regular maintenance rebuild (advised every year by specialized) you could instead send it to PUSH. Personally I am hoping it will last more than a year before that is required.
    I also have a Fox Float R on my '04 Stumpy. I would think it would improve slightly, but not as much as a shock originally without platform or propedal.

mtbr member
    Push does regular rebuilds, but I'd bet most people who send their shocks in opt for the factory tuning system. "Pushed" shocks are specially tuned according to rider weight and riding style, as well as what type of suspension your particular bike uses.

I had my RP3 "Pushed" about a year ago and the difference in performance was amazing.

Check out thier website...

http://www.pushindustries.com/index.php