mtbr member

what are ISCG tabs ???

What are ISCG tabs - what are they for - what do they do - whats all the big deal about havin or not having them ?????

~Disc~Golf~
    I thought they were meant for mounting some chain tensioners. (other stuff too? like a Hammerschmidt?) - I think - I have neither
    Honestly, you just take a deep breath and say Fuck it.

...idios...
    International Standard Chain Device tabs. It refers to a particular configuration of three bolt-holes positioned around the bottom bracket shell on some bikes. They are there, as the name suggests, to allow fitting of a chain device without having to sandwich the assembly in between the BB and the frame, as they used to before somebody came up with the idea of being able to fit it directly to the frame. There is a variation of the ISCG called ISCG05, which utilises a slightly different - apparently "better" - configuaration/spacing of three bolt-holes.

What luck for rulers, that men do not think - Adolf Hitler

mtbr member
    There had not been any parts that require ISCG tabs in the past, but now there is a HammerSchmidt which requires the tabs to install it.

People just want options whether if they use the HammerSchmidt or not.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the quick and helpfull replies guys , now my next question ....... what are chain devices for ??? do they just keep your chain tensioned or do they actually help with shifting ?? They appear to be used on more free ride type bikes than X.C. So is it something to do with jumps / landings and stopping the chain bouncing about ???

cougarbait
    ISCG tabs:

chain devices are normally used to keep the chain from slapping around and falling off the chainring
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    Quote Originally Posted by twedspeed
    Thanks for the quick and helpfull replies guys , now my next question ....... what are chain devices for ??? do they just keep your chain tensioned or do they actually help with shifting ?? They appear to be used on more free ride type bikes than X.C. So is it something to do with jumps / landings and stopping the chain bouncing about ???
    Mostly to limit the amount that the chain bounces around, thereby all but eliminating the undesirable and even dangerous "dropped chain". I have the e13 DRS guide/bashguard on my SL, and I ride it All Mountain/XC. It adds a little drag and noise, but NEVER having to worry about a dropped chain more than makes up for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    thanx - I now consider myself fully up to speed on all things ISCG .