Thread: What Frame?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

What Frame?

Well, after a good 3 years or so of doing virtually no riding I've decided it's time to get back into the swing of things. Being my 97 ground control comp is not up to par with all the new bikes and not upgradeable in the suspension department, I was thinking of buying a frame and swapping as much off the old one as I can since it has all XT components. I've been looking at a few frames on ebay and pretty much decided that I'd like to stick with specialized. I like the looks of the enduro and seems very suitable for my type of riding. Would like to know a few more opinions on them and yes I've read many of the reviews on this site. My main concern is the frame cracking at the seat post. It sounds like this is a common occurrance on this frame. Is that something I should be concerned about if buying a used frame? I don't want to throw a few hundred dollars out the door by having it break on me in a few months, since I don't know if it would be warrantied... Thanks in advance.

-Steve

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    The Enduro is an excellent choice I've had mine for about seven years now. I've had no problems with it and have kept the maintenance up, it rides as good as the day I got it.