mtbr member
    Dec 2010

What to do with my 2001 Enduro Expert

Hey whats up fellas,
    I've been searching for info and prices on a bike I picked up recently. It is a 2001 Enduro Expert. I know it's ancient, but I'm reading a lot of different opinions about it. I would like to restore it, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. The frame is pretty dinged up (paint wise, no dents), components aren't to bad, all in all the bike is solid. The forks are Manitou Dorado SC's, again not sure what these are worth, they are in great shape. Also has Mavic Deemax hubs and rims. Some pretty good stuff 7 or 8 years ago, but does it compare to anything now a days ?
    What do you think something like this might go for today ?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I sold a 2004 Enduro Expert. Mostly stock except with a couple year old XO rear derailleur and X9 Shifters for $450 this fall. The bike has been ridden pretty hard since it was new but well loved. If it was spring I might of been able to get a hundred more maybe.
    There is not a huge marked for old full suspension bikes because of the type of riding they were built for is pretty rough on them. It might be worth it just to keep it if money and space aren't a premium. It's kinda nice to have an extra bike if you want to take someone for a ride or something like that. Plus I kinda miss my old bike. We had a lot of fun together.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    That's exatly what I'm thinkin... I've been having a lot of fun the last week going through this bike, and it was haggered. I've gone through just about everything as of today, and I must say, judging from the 2 min ride with no brakes, that it is going to ride like new, awsome.. What a score, paid 50 bucks for everything from a guy way out in bfe, he must of been 70 yrs old and his son had some sort of health issues, I don't think he made it. Well he'd be happy to see his old enduro is back in action !! This one's a keeper for sure...