mtbr member
    May 2008

What Chain for a 07 Stumperjumper Expert

Hi, I did a search and could not find anything on this subject. I have a 07 Stumpjumper Expert and was wondering what is the best chain to use. I have a SRAM PC-951 on there now and it seems to always get a stiff link - must be male! Anyway, any advice is much appreciated!

mtbr member
    Any 9 speed chain will work. I have the PC-971 on my 07 and haven't had any problems. In fact, I just ordered a new one the other day to replace along with my cassette. I had the 951 stock forever and I finally snapped it. I got my money worth though as it was long overdue for a replacement. The PC-991 hollow pin looks pretty sweet but not worth the extra money over the 971 imo.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I use a XTR chain, I prefer it instead of a Sram ones, it is smoother and it weight less than the Sram

mtbr member
    the KCMC chains are great. You can get a good deal on ebay, that is where i got mine from. It shifts real smooth.

cougarbait
    there's only one choice in chains

the X10SL works with 9speed drivetrains and is even lighter
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Do they SRAM Powerlink replacement links work with other brand chains or only for SRAM chains?
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    XTR has been bulletproof for me. Also tried PC-991 Crossstep that was ok, but XTR is quieter

cougarbait
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie33
    Do they SRAM Powerlink replacement links work with other brand chains or only for SRAM chains?
    they are near universal
    09AS-Rsl/09Six