mtbr member
    Mar 2007

What is the bluey Green fluid/foam in Enduro SL Shocks?

Hi everyone,

Hopefully I will learn something here........

On my enduro SL I have had a replaced rear shock but the new one seeped out gunk in the form of a bluey green liquid. Does it need to be in there? Should it be coming out?

Also, the E150 has a more of a green foam that comes out if you press the valve pin thingymabob.

Both the E150 and AFR work as they should, just curious about this liquid stuff.

Thanks In Advance

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Also, Would it be an idea to press the pressure release pin things in til the E150 & AFR are down to 0psi getting rid of any excess fluid (whatever it maybe) then pumping back up?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    anyone?

Boulder, CO
    That is the Specialized Secret Sauce. I don't think it should be coming out.
    Rides:

Mountain:

2007 Specialized S-Works Enduro SL Carbon
    2000 Specialized S-Works FSR XC

Road:

2006 Pinarello Paris Carbon
    1987 Ciocc

Transports:

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
    1988 BMW M6
    1974 BMW 2002 tii

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    thats not what I wanted to hear!! But what I expected.

Looks like another trip to the bike shop is in order!

mtbr member

Chemical analysis....

I work at a lab and we did the analysis. Brief background.....That fluid is the result of Specialized entry into an already populated mens 'travel' market. In attempt to enhance their 6 inches of love they believed all the 'man-issue' adds on the tele. They decided to add some secret sauce to improve their 6 inch shaft stiction performance.

Unfortunately the additives were a bit excessive. Note the warnings you read about extended rides lasting more than 4 or 6 hours straight. The bottom line is "premature blowoff" ( no pun intended ). I am afraid I cannot go into any more details as I went for a ride this morning and the Enduro shock ridgidity makes it hard to sit at the puter for more than a few minutes at a time as I cant really fit undet the table.

?
    Last edited by CSPRINGS; 05-04-2007 at 10:16 PM.
    C.SPRINGS

sadly, like the element
    Sep 2004
    I'm willing to bet 100% that it's just the grease/lubrication used on the inner seals of the air chamber. My fork and shock both spit out bits of oil every time I check them (I've serviced them both so I know what went into them and I see the same stuff coming out). I honestly wouldn't worry too much about it. But never can hurt to take it to the LBS and get their official opinion on it.