The Other Dude

What Big Hit Size?

Ok, am getting a killer deal on a left over 06 Big Hit 1. Bascially it is going to a bike that i take up to the indoor MTB park, skinnies, and stupid stuff that i will crash alot trying, and used for dirt jumping and such.....i hate to call it this, but basically a beater bike.

I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam. Since i will not be doing an all mountain stuff or anything with it, i was thinking about getting small, for the shorter wheelbase and such. I usually ride a large in my other bikes, what do you guys think? Small or medium? I used to ride my P1 up there, but the knees cant handle a hardtail anymore....

Whatcha think?
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I would say medium, for me with anything smaller than that my knees would hit the stem.

Trying a little
    big hit at a indoor bike park?

...ewwww

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dusthuffer
    big hit at a indoor bike park?

...ewwww
    I've ridden a few big downhill bikes at Ray's during both the GT and the Mongoose demo days. As long as your not jumping its just slower. I will be taking my newly built up 5" travel Raliegh ram this weekend. If I can fit both in the car I will bring my p1 along

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    Ok, am getting a killer deal on a left over 06 Big Hit 1. Bascially it is going to a bike that i take up to the indoor MTB park, skinnies, and stupid stuff that i will crash alot trying, and used for dirt jumping and such.....i hate to call it this, but basically a beater bike.

I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam. Since i will not be doing an all mountain stuff or anything with it, i was thinking about getting small, for the shorter wheelbase and such. I usually ride a large in my other bikes, what do you guys think? Small or medium? I used to ride my P1 up there, but the knees cant handle a hardtail anymore....

Whatcha think?
    ironic, i just put 500 down on a big hit II today. great price. cant wait to hurt myself. the big hit 1 was just stupid cheap too! i love this sport sometimes.

The Other Dude
    Yeah, if are not familiar with rays, it is not a "normal" indoor park as most people think. I was running my SX trail there before, and was VERY happy with the way it worked there......they only downfall was its wheelbase for tight technical cornering where you are a few feet up off the ground doing north shore style stuff, that is why i am considering the small. I would buy another enduro, but the lowest end enduro would run me more than 3x what i can get this big hit I for.

I was considering the 2 also, but its $400 more, and i dont really think i need/want a DC for what i will be doing up there, basically i am looking for a cheap FS bike that will be a great jumper, good on the skinnies and the moen sport course bike. I had my knee reconstructed, and riding the P1 around up there and jumping and such on it just kills it, the SXT was much more enjoyable....but again alot more $$ that this big hit I.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    forgot to note the size. everyone i spoke with says to go down a size on a dh type rig. i ride a med stumpy and its just a bit too big. not much but i notice sometimes. im 5'8" and 185 so i went with a small big hit II.

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrtrainer
    forgot to note the size. everyone i spoke with says to go down a size on a dh type rig. i ride a med stumpy and its just a bit too big. not much but i notice sometimes. im 5'8" and 185 so i went with a small big hit II.

Did you sit on it yet? how did the small feel?

The Other Dude
    ok, i just got an 06 Big Hit I, size medium.....it should be in next week hopefully