mtbr member
    Nov 2007

What ball bearings for my Epic S-works 03??

Hello to all! I want to rebuilt my 03 Epic S-works frame and I can not find what bearings I should buy. I know there is eight bb on this frame , they do not look bad , but because this bike was so good to me for many years , I want to pay back and replace some parts. Please help me find right bearings for my bike. Thank you for any help - Rob

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hi Rob,

ok i am just rebuilding my 04 Epic S-works frame which i believe has the same bearings as you, ive decided to source my bearings from a local bearing supplier, much cheaper than spec'd ones which are the same.
    If you can't wait that's what i suggest you do, take your bike down there and they should be able to measure up for you, some of the bearings are a very tight press fit as you may of noticed, like in the chain stay swing arm you may need a fly press to remove these.

Ill let you know how i get on.

cheers

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Hi Leggit!! Thank you for reply. I did not wanted to wait so I bought these: http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id55.html . $35 total. I have some time to rebuild my Epic as I am at home healing my broken clavicle. I also bought some hardware in Home Depot ( about $7 - washers, srews,bolts) and I made compression tool for getting bearings in and out. It took me about hour and half to change all bearings , it was not difficult I am glad that I changed them , bigger ones were in very bad shape. I wish you good luck , it is not so hard to do this job. Thanks Rob

Weird huh?

I second the Enduro bearings

I used them about 18 months ago when I rebuilt my 03 Epic.

Still work great.
    And don't do the burrito jump... Francois