mtbr member

Wink What about big hit 07

Hello, i"m obout to buy big hit fsr2 07, so if anyone have some experiance with this bike, please tell me about it.This big hit i waithing for have rs domain on, is this a good fork?
    Be good.

The Other Dude
    I had an 05 model with the 24" rear wheel......I loved that bike, the front end was super stiff (i replaced the kingpin fork for a sherman slider) the rear shock worked great, i was a great bike. It even climbed very well. I was able to do our 15 mile xc loop with it without problems......i just had to wait for some of the guys on xc bikes to catch up at the bottom of decents. The 07 comes with a better fork and the 26" rear wheel, so you should be set!
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Yea, i"m glad to hear about cleambing abilty, cos i"ll need it.My priority is down the hill,but in most keyes i have to come on the hill on the bike first.I just hope it will soon be mine.

The Other Dude
    yeah, you wont have any problem climbing up with it, it was a VERY nice surprise to see how well it climbed. You can really tell how well the FSR design works on this bike, keep you butt planted on the seat for climbs and there is no bob. The different shock positions are cool to play around with too....like most things that are adjustable, you will play around with it until you find a setting you like, then never touch it again...but thats a good thing.

Mine also had a double chainring up front, i put a blackspire stinger tensioner on it, and never dropped chain, but know the DH guys would only want a single with a chaing guide, but i enjoyed the double.

The big hit II looks to be spec'ed very nice, if i were in the market for one, that is the one i would buy for sure.....it has the best bang for the buck, and that frame looks sick.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    I agree, us much as i know, thats the best ofer for that money on the market.Sometimes i just can*t belive prices of some others bikes, speacely in Evrope.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    hi,

Got thhe bike 2 weeks ago, so I have very limited riding done with it. Havent done any jumps with it (its winter with snow and really freezing temperatures here), mostly testing how it pedals uphill and down. And it feels great, pedaling uphill while seated is OK actually, much better than I expected! The propedal in the shock must work, because it doesnt feel too much different than my old hardtail bike. Its just much heavier. Had to push it on some steep uphill sections. The overall feel is perfect for me, got a dream bike with a price of a pro frame. VERY satisfied

Domain is very smooth even if its not broken in yet. small changes actually make difference in rebound and compression. I wasnt expecting it to work this well for a "budget" fork. Dont know how it takes larger hits.

This bike saved me a lot of money, since being a beginner in free/downhill riding. Bought high quality protection (tld fullface,dainese armor...) with the rest of my savings.

Highly recommended, good quality and beatifull looks on this bike.

hope this helps a bit on your decision.