mtbr member
    May 2006

Weird upgrade but ... Leave the Pitch for a 06 Enduro S-Works or SX Trail?

I know i know, it's weird to sell a newer frame to get an old frame. The problem is that i doing more and more DH stuff with the Pitch.

Meanwhile i got a guy interested in my frame ( Pitch Pro w/ DHX 5 Air ) ... and saw a great Enduro S-Works frame ... and at its side a Enduro SX Trail frame (2006 or 2007, can't remember )

So... do you think i will gain with the 06 Enduro S-Works ( or SX Trail ) vs Pitch?

I love the Pitch but, sometimes being so light isn't that great! ehehehe.

At the moment the setup is the following:
    '10 Fox 36 Talas RC2, Fox DHX 5 Air, '11 Code R, 750mm Demo handlebar, RS K950i, Straitline 50mm steam, Gamut chainguide.

I would try to use the most of my parts...

I just can't seem to figure if going for an older frame will be a good move or not... but i ear that the older Enduro and Enduro SX Trail are awesome bikes and can match nowadays models...

Thank you for the time

mtbr member
    For trail stuff -> the Pitch is plusher, it works better on square edged hits.

For really big drops the SX Trail feels great. But it feels a bit dead on chatter and roots.
    It has a longer wheelbase though, much slacker seattube angle (doesn´t matter much for dh, but sucks for climbing)

Wouldn´t do it!
    The Pitch is great, if you outgrow it, use it for trails rides and save the $$ and get a second bike, like a 2011 Big Hit --- something really dh- oriented!

Greetings Znarf

UK Bike Whore
    Dec 2008
    I had an 06 Enduro I sold that to get a Pitch Ive got another 06 Enduro coming in the next week.

The Pitch is quite a bit lighter and climbs better (how much of that is in the weight and how much in the Geo I dont know) The pitch is a lot easier to find replacement shocks for. However I found that my pitch was too slack for trail work with 160mm forks.

The enduro is more fun and whilst heaver it will still climb anything you put infront of it as long as you have the legs. The wheelbase is shorter and the head angle is steeper but with a slacker seat angle. The shorter wheelbase and steeper HA make it better in the twisty stuff and a better all round bike IMO. I will be running my new one with Pikes and a DHX Air actually the Pikes that came on my enduro. But the setup I had on my old one was 170mm 66s up front and a Van R at the back. I might try to get some more 66s for DH days but I cant wait to get back on an 06.

mtbr member
    I'd keep the pitch. With that travel adjustable talas on it I'm sure its still a good climber. I have mine setup with a van 36 and a dhx 5 ti coil both tuned by iso. The bike feels awesome. Climbing is something to be desired but is still doable.