mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Weight specs on 06 SJ FSR

Does anyone have the full weight specs of the 06 SJ Disc FSR? I can't locate info on some parts and there's probably someone on this board who has weighed every original components

Specifically looking for weight of.....
    -Truvativ Stylo, 2-peice GXP crankset
    -Avid BB-7 Mechanical brakes set
    -Spec Headset
    -Speci XC Low Rise 31.8mm OS bar
    -anything else you have info on.

Thanks

mtbr member

06 S-Works Stumpy

My 06 Sworks M5 stumpy with XTR & XO, crossmax wheels, thompson stem/post, king headset, fox fork, ect. in a XL frame tips the scale at 27.1 lbs, with 959's a king ti water cage and a spec wireless computer and a WTB ti seat.
    Hard to beat on a 5" travel rig that I use and abuse. Built to last, climb all day and fly on the downside. Oh for what it's worth I am 6'3" and weigh 215lbs.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster
    Does anyone have the full weight specs of the 06 SJ Disc FSR? I can't locate info on some parts and there's probably someone on this board who has weighed every original components

Specifically looking for weight of.....
    -Truvativ Stylo, 2-peice GXP crankset
    -Avid BB-7 Mechanical brakes set
    -Spec Headset
    -Speci XC Low Rise 31.8mm OS bar
    -anything else you have info on.

Thanks
    Have you tried this site for some of those weights? http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings.php

The Specialized headset is the same as the Cane Creek S-2, The bars are in the 220 gram range, the stem on my medium was 180-ish grams if I recall. If you're looking to shave the weight on your Stumpy, the rear hub is a boat anchor and the cassette is way heavy. These two components were alone were close to a 1/2 lb off the bike. You can easily do better than the stock tires, and pedals.

Good luck.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5

Trying a little
    the poster who replied with 27lbs for the XL frame I can believe it, I think the frame is thicker on the XL size ( more butting ). The small stumpys seem crazy light if you pick on e up in the shop.

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

Members who have read this thread: 0