mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Weight specs on 06 SJ FSR

Does anyone have the full weight specs of the 06 SJ Disc FSR? I can't locate info on some parts and there's probably someone on this board who has weighed every original components

Specifically looking for weight of.....
    -Truvativ Stylo, 2-peice GXP crankset
    -Avid BB-7 Mechanical brakes set
    -Spec Headset
    -Speci XC Low Rise 31.8mm OS bar
    -anything else you have info on.

Thanks

mtbr member

06 S-Works Stumpy

My 06 Sworks M5 stumpy with XTR & XO, crossmax wheels, thompson stem/post, king headset, fox fork, ect. in a XL frame tips the scale at 27.1 lbs, with 959's a king ti water cage and a spec wireless computer and a WTB ti seat.
    Hard to beat on a 5" travel rig that I use and abuse. Built to last, climb all day and fly on the downside. Oh for what it's worth I am 6'3" and weigh 215lbs.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster
    Does anyone have the full weight specs of the 06 SJ Disc FSR? I can't locate info on some parts and there's probably someone on this board who has weighed every original components

Specifically looking for weight of.....
    -Truvativ Stylo, 2-peice GXP crankset
    -Avid BB-7 Mechanical brakes set
    -Spec Headset
    -Speci XC Low Rise 31.8mm OS bar
    -anything else you have info on.

Thanks
    Have you tried this site for some of those weights? http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings.php

The Specialized headset is the same as the Cane Creek S-2, The bars are in the 220 gram range, the stem on my medium was 180-ish grams if I recall. If you're looking to shave the weight on your Stumpy, the rear hub is a boat anchor and the cassette is way heavy. These two components were alone were close to a 1/2 lb off the bike. You can easily do better than the stock tires, and pedals.

Good luck.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE Racing lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

Trying a little
    the poster who replied with 27lbs for the XL frame I can believe it, I think the frame is thicker on the XL size ( more butting ). The small stumpys seem crazy light if you pick on e up in the shop.

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.