mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Weight on EPIC MARATHON?

Anyone know the weight of a stock Epic Marathon in medium?

Wheelset looks awful clunky!

Mtc
    mtbr member

No weights here.

Wheelset looks awful clunky![/QUOTE]

I'm not saying they are a weight weenies dream, but they looks pretty light to me, 717/Supercomp/DT(rear)Spech (front). That being said they are one of the parts I plan on replacing, but I have issues.
    The Marathon looks like a pretty sweet build, will have to break the bank to knock off any significant weight. H-Bar, Stem, Seatpost and seat are my first places to look.

K n e e m o i
    The medium standard Epic Comp is 12.13kilograms without pedals, or 26.75lb. After many upgrades, I got mine down to 25.75 with time atac carbon pedals. I;m getting another frame and transferring all parts so It'll be back to 26.75lb again

Marathon has the carbon shock link, so with that in mind, maybe around the low to mid 26.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Got Mine Yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Daffunda
    The medium standard Epic Comp is 12.13kilograms without pedals, or 26.75lb. After many upgrades, I got mine down to 25.75 with time atac carbon pedals. I;m getting another frame and transferring all parts so It'll be back to 26.75lb again

Marathon has the carbon shock link, so with that in mind, maybe around the low to mid 26.
    Received my new Epic Marathon Medium 25.56 lbs out of the box! I'm changing out cranks to FSA Mega Exo Carbon and new wheelset 2006 Shimano XT paired spoke disc (spec'd at 1821 grams) w/ regular kenda karismas should shave at least 3/4 to a full pound off don't you think?

mtbr member

XT Wheelset an upgrade ?

Have you checked the weight of the wheelset that came on your bike? Dt Swiss rear hub, Stout front hub, Dt Swiss Supercomps and Mavic XM 819's should weigh in aroung 1800 grams. Not to mention the fact that these hubs are an upgrade over XT, and your LBS can repair / service these wheels. SAVE YOUR MONEY