mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Weight of Enduro SL

hey, I was wondering, what is the weight of Specialized Enduro's SL, they market it as climbs as and angel and descent as a bat from hell, but what is the weight really?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    sub 30 lbs from what i hear depending on which model
    Salsa Dos Niner SS

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    any models that you guys know. Enduro SL Expert looks promising.

Somehow from my opinion, its pretty cool that the Enduro SL looks like a big burly downhill bike, but its really a All Mountain rig

The Other Dude
    My large expert was 29lbs and change, it was a GREAT bike.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    what u mean by it was a great bike? you sold your enduro SL?

Boulder, CO
    28 for the S-Works.
    Rides:

Mountain:

2007 Specialized S-Works Enduro SL Carbon
    2000 Specialized S-Works FSR XC

Road:

2006 Pinarello Paris Carbon
    1987 Ciocc

Transports:

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
    1988 BMW M6
    1974 BMW 2002 tii

The Other Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelhot
    what u mean by it was a great bike? you sold your enduro SL?

Yup, it is a great do all bike, but it just wasent for me.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member

Carbon Pro

My Medium Carbon pro is 28.6lb with pedals and DT Swiss tubless kit. (28.1lb w/o pedals)
    For me; Want and Need are much the same thing...

Bike Breaker.
    Jan 2004
    27 1/2 lbs for a small ali pro with 2.25 Nobby Nics, masterpiece post, carbon easton bar, latex tubes, though with a few choice upgrades, bit heavier with resolution pro's.
    Last edited by catnash; 05-07-2007 at 11:35 AM.

mtbr member
    My Expert was 30.4lb new including pedals. Have since upgraded the following:
    Rear wheel - Hope Pro II / DT Swiss 4.2D (replaced Shimano 525 Deore / DT430)
    Cassette - SRAM PG990 (replaced shimano deore level cassette (read paperweight!) on bike)
    Seatpost - Easton EC70
    Bars - Ritchey WCS rizer
    Tubeless - DT Swiss tubeless system
    Tyres - Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25
    Pedals - Crank Bros Candy SL
    Seat - WTB Shadow V Stealth

Weight is now approx 27.5lb!

The best upgrade is the rear wheel / cassette, and tubeless upgrade. The stock hub and cassette on the expert are both very heavy deore level components.

Total cost of the above upgrades was only half the price difference between the Expert and Pro (based on New Zealand prices and buying parts online / Ebay, etc)

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    wow, thats light. I wonder what you guys do to your Specialized fork when you changed it to Fox Float??

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    A Medium Pro topped the scales at 28.6 at our shop.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I bought this bike about two months ago. A Large expert. I have since heard all these ridiculous claims of sub 30 bikes. I weighed that thing on four different scales and NEVER had anything under 31 until I changed the rear cassette/hub went tubeless conversion and carbon post. My buddy bought the medium and it had about the same changes and came in at just over thirty pounds. If your shop weighs on a fish weighing scale. They are probably full of crap. All in all an awesome bike though. Not the lightest in a crowd but well worth the weight since a stumpjumper large weighs almost 30 out of the box.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdubmccarrel
    I bought this bike about two months ago. A Large expert. I have since heard all these ridiculous claims of sub 30 bikes. I weighed that thing on four different scales and NEVER had anything under 31 until I changed the rear cassette/hub went tubeless conversion and carbon post. My buddy bought the medium and it had about the same changes and came in at just over thirty pounds. If your shop weighs on a fish weighing scale. They are probably full of crap. All in all an awesome bike though. Not the lightest in a crowd but well worth the weight since a stumpjumper large weighs almost 30 out of the box.
    I beg to differ. My Medium Expert was 30.4lb out of the box. The attached table gives the before and after weights of modifications made (in grams) based on the weight weenie figures. The difference in weights is 1137g, which converts to 2.5lb - hence the build weight is now easily sub 28lb.
    Attached Files Attached Files