mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Weight difference 2013 Carbon comp Stumpjumper frame and S-works

Anyone know the difference in weight with the Carbon comp Stumpjumper HT frame with Fork and the S-works HT Frame and Fork and is it worth the difference in price? We already have a Carbon comp and was thinking to swap out the frame and fork to the S-works fork and frame.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Sorry, don't know the weight difference, but are you planning on putting the stock Carbon Comp components on the s-works?

If so I'd personally take a different upgrade path. Retail s-works frame and forks is $3.2k

Either:
    Roval Control SL wheels which retail for $1.7k, so you still have $1.5k for some sweet new forks and still have some cash left over for other upgrades.

Or sell your current carbon comp. It's 2013, so you should be able to get $1.7k. Add the $3.2k you were going to use for the s-works frame and buy the Marathon for $4.9.

If you're set on the s-works frame, or already have some nice wheels etc just ignore my ramblings

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the reply. I already have the best and lightest of everything but the frame and fork which is stock. The bike is at 17.6 lbs but was looking into frame now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I am looking into picking up a 2013 comp carbon as a starting point (upgrading from a carve comp) and would love to know what kind of changes you did to get it down 17.6 lbs. Do you know how much the Comp carbon frame weighs?

2013 Specialized Mountain Bikes – Complete Overview & Actual Weights

The pictures shows a HT Sworks frame but the caption doesn't specify Sworks, but lists the weight at 1180g (without the fork).

The full HT S-works is shown at 20lb 6oz, so If I can eventually get a comp down to 17.6 I would be happier than a fat kid in a cake factory.

Friends are trying to talk me into a giant xtc advanced sl 1 though which has made me a bit confused about how to upgrade though.