mtbr member
    Nov 2007

New question here. Wanting a 2008 Epic Comp or Epic Marathon Frame...

Hey all, a LBS has a leftover 2008 Epic Comp in Medium size. I rode it and liked it, but not sure if I need a Large or not? I am 5'11-6' 160 and ride a 56cm road bike. I am new to MTB's and am not sure if the M is best for me, or if I need a L. The guy was saying I looked good on it, but he was also trying to sell me the bike... I'm pretty sure Id like to buy a used one since im not ready to drop that kind of cash on a new bike. I like the 2008 Epic Comp/Marathon because of the Ti color. I fell in love with it.

I will be going back there next week to test ride it again and get some 2nd opinions on fit/size issues. Just thought id hear what you all had to say.

Thanks!

PS looking forward to getting my 1st MTB!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You are right between sizes but you would prob. be more comfy on the large. Simply due to the fact you ride a 56 road bike. I am 5'10 with stubby legs, ride a 54 cross bike and a medium epic.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    yeah, today they had a an Epic Expert in L that i tried. It felt right. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have a medium Marathon frame I can part ways with. Its on the classifieds here as complete, but I willsell just the frame.
    Livin' the dream.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Sorry, need the large. But good luck selling!

mtbr member
    Dude,

I ride a 58 road bike and 18-19" on MTB is what I ride. 6'0 33 inseam