mtbr member
    May 2004

Volume spacer in my Enduro Expert float?

I unscrewed the can of my float to inspect the lubrication situation and found a very large volume spacer. That was surprising considering that the can on this shock is a very low volume already. Has anyone else found this or am I unique here. I removed the spacer and will ride this weekend to see how she handles.

The clear ones are from the kit, the white one was inside the shock.

adamant
    Sep 2006
    Any complaints about the suspension as it is?

Volume spacer is a great way to make the spring curve less linear as the shock goes thru travel. Good/Bad thing, depending on many variables.

I ran the medium volume spacer (from the 3 spacer Fox kit) on my 2011 EE and liked the less linear curve. YMWV--mainly as your bike is very different from the 2010-2012 Enduro

In general, i found the larger the spacer, small bump compliance decreased, and large hit performance increased.

Nothing beats user testing-- try the bike w/o the spacer, see (feel) what it means to you.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by adamant View Post
    Any complaints about the suspension as it is?

Volume spacer is a great way to make the spring curve less linear as the shock goes thru travel. Good/Bad thing, depending on many variables.

I ran the medium volume spacer (from the 3 spacer Fox kit) on my 2011 EE and liked the less linear curve. YMWV--mainly as your bike is very different from the 2010-2012 Enduro

In general, i found the larger the spacer, small bump compliance decreased, and large hit performance increased.

Nothing beats user testing-- try the bike w/o the spacer, see (feel) what it means to you.
    I going to ride without it on my next ride. I just wasn't expecting to find one in there as a stock factory setup. The bike already has a low volume sleeve on it.