mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Video: E150 Enduro SL fork

lame little video I made of switching the fork to climbing mode.
    Enjoy.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...740&pr=goog-sl

by the way, I had trouble compressing the shock because I was holding the camera with one hand. Otherwise, it would have sunk lower.

X-Ray Guy
    that looks just like how ETA works on the marzocchi forks and well i guess the new rockshox 2-step forks as well

EB1
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Oh yea just like it, I had no camera in hand last week when I got on one. I have an AM1 Marz on my FOES FXR2:1. Functions the same, very nice.

mtbr member
    Compression,

With the stock tires, how's the tire clearance on the fork?
    How does the fork "feel" compared to say, a Marzocchi / RS?
    Likes, dislikes about it??

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yeah same thing with my Pace Fighters....
    Got to say there does seem to be a lot of concern about the clearance on these bikes and after seeing them at a bike show I would have to say I would have reservations about running them in a British winter.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cort
    Compression,
    With the stock tires, how's the tire clearance on the fork?
    How does the fork "feel" compared to say, a Marzocchi / RS?
    Likes, dislikes about it??
    Clearance is tight, just like the press release photos were showing. Here is another pic, after I jammed a pen in there:

the stock tires are quite big, I guess more of a DH tire. You could easily put some smaller tires on get more clearance if you needed it.

Its tight, but I have yet to see whether or not it will be a problem in sticky mud, it hasnt rained here in NW Oregon for about a week, so when I go out riding this friday, I may not encounter that much mud. But i will aim for all the mud bogs I find
    I have never ridden any of the other forks you mention, my last fork was a Fox F80RLC and the one before that was a cannondale lefty (flexy!). the fox was a good fork, But in my opinion, the E150 is in another ballpark and the two were not designed for the same type of riding. The E150 feels absolutely superb, the travel is long and plush, and it is stiff!
    I notice no problems with the headset or fork, no clunks, no rattles, everything is perfect. After my first real ride this friday, I will report back with any issues, but at this point, I dont think there will be any.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by compression
    Clearance is tight, just like the press release photos were showing. Here is another pic, after I jammed a pen in there:

the stock tires are quite big, I guess more of a DH tire. You could easily put some smaller tires on get more clearance if you needed it.

Its tight, but I have yet to see whether or not it will be a problem in sticky mud, it hasnt rained here in NW Oregon for about a week, so when I go out riding this friday, I may not encounter that much mud. But i will aim for all the mud bogs I find
    I have never ridden any of the other forks you mention, my last fork was a Fox F80RLC and the one before that was a cannondale lefty (flexy!). the fox was a good fork, But in my opinion, the E150 is in another ballpark and the two were not designed for the same type of riding. The E150 feels absolutely superb, the travel is long and plush, and it is stiff!
    I notice no problems with the headset or fork, no clunks, no rattles, everything is perfect. After my first real ride this friday, I will report back with any issues, but at this point, I dont think there will be any.
    The clearance around that fork brace is a joke for UK winter conditions, and I suspect some locations in the US too. A couple of weeks ago I managed to completely clog my rear wheel to the point I had to stop and remove the mud even with a 2.1" tyre on an SX so that fork would have got me about 50yds on that ride

I wonder how it would fare with a chunk of gravel stuck in the tread?
    "We're here for a good time not a long time"
    Colin McRae 1968-2007