Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Very disappointed to Specialized!!!

I have waited my Demo 8 frame for three months now. I ordered it in november, and I was said it will come on january/february, and I'm still waiting. Now dealer says, that Specialized have said them that frame delivery will be delayed again, but they did not say for how long it will take. I'm planning to cancel the order and find other frame and better company that will keep up their promises better.

mtbr member
    Spes,

Maybe you are just dealing with the wrong bikeshop. Last Fall I ordered an Elite and my LBS couldn't get it in the time frame that I wanted, due soley to problems at Specialized. (New model just coming on line, high demand etc). I decided to get my 50% deposit back and go another way. My LBS, Ruby Canyon Cycles in Grand Junction, CO, then offered me a deal on the Expert to keep me. It was a class move on the owners part and kept my business. Thanks Doug.

BeanMan

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm very disappointed to your grammar.

Boulder, CO
    It would appear your dealer doesn't have a good relationship with Specialized. When I inquired about my bike, I first called many dealers only to learn it had be sold out a long time prior and wouldn't be available until the next production run. A few calls by the owner of my shop and I had the bike I wanted in under two weeks. It was heavily discounted as well.

If you really want an Elite, start making calls until you get one.
    Rides:

Mountain:

2007 Specialized S-Works Enduro SL Carbon
    2000 Specialized S-Works FSR XC

Road:

2006 Pinarello Paris Carbon
    1987 Ciocc

Transports:

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
    1988 BMW M6
    1974 BMW 2002 tii

evilbanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bhsavery
    LOL!
    twitter.com/evilbanks

thecentralscrutinizer
    Maybe the Universal Translator was screwed-up when they posted.

I've seen worse examples from people in English speaking countries....especially ours!

Spes. Perhaps a call or email to Specialized is in order. Good luck.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

mtbr member
    That sux! I ordered my Demo 8 frame (medium) last Friday and then last night I got a call from my bike shop saying it had just arrived. I'm headin' over there this morning to pick it up. My bike shop's Specialized Rep. said it was the only medium Demo 8 frame available in the U.S. when I ordered it last week. My recommendation is to cancel your order and go find what you're looking for at another bike shop.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Sorry about the language. English is not my native language.

The problem is that Specialized hasn't send any frames to Scandinavian countries yet. And rest of the Europe is still waiting too. Some ordered frames have arrived but many aren't. Hate to wait.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    In Poland Specialized bikes are expected in August!! Maybe with SALES prices already...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spes
    Sorry about the language. English is not my native language.

The problem is that Specialized hasn't send any frames to Scandinavian countries yet. And rest of the Europe is still waiting too. Some ordered frames have arrived but many aren't. Hate to wait.
    Move to America, win the lotto, and buy out Specialized
    Riding and loving it

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenraptor
    Move to America, win the lotto, and buy out Specialized
    ....or UK

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vercingetorix
    It would appear your dealer doesn't have a good relationship with Specialized. When I inquired about my bike, I first called many dealers only to learn it had be sold out a long time prior and wouldn't be available until the next production run. A few calls by the owner of my shop and I had the bike I wanted in under two weeks. It was heavily discounted as well.

If you really want an Elite, start making calls until you get one.
    ANd what makes you (the consumer) think you have the entire story on the subject? I work at a shop that was the #1 specialized dealer in Texas for 3 years in a row. Yea, Id say our relationshiop with Specialized is pretty good But you know what? We STILL get delays on bike frames. It doesnt happen to the extreme the original poster is talking about very often, but it DOES happen. I know you're proud of your LBS for hooking you up. But everyone thinks their shop is the best. Just becasue this is happening to the original poster doesnt mean a damn thing about the relationship between his LBS and Specialized.

Your local bike shop owner called specialized and your frame was there in less than 2 weeks!!! Oh my god!!! I bet it was because the owner called huh? Or at least, thats what you were told hahahah!!! Odds are, the owner called, got good news, and told you HE worked it all out. Every shop does it on occasion. Now watch all the claims that follow my post "the shop I work at doesnt do that!" hahahah!! Yes they do.

Hell, the case might have been, your LBS owner called specialized, and it just so happened that the situation changed at the factory, but specialized decided to tell your LBS owner that since he is SUCH a good dealer, they'll hook him up. hahahah!!

There is no telling how your situation worked out. And there is no telling how the original posters situation will work out.

All I can say is that there isnt ONE company out there that doesnt have delays. SOme draw out for days, some draw out for months. Yes, it happens to some companies more often, but it DEOS happen to all of them. And in my experience, Specialized is right in the middle. They dont experience too many delays, but they are not perfect either.

mtbr member
    I ordered an SX Trail frame in December 2006. Got my frame last Wednesday. Its super sweet, well worth the wait (I live and ordered it in Germany btw)

Only thing is, the spring is way to stiff. Got an L frame but I am only 148lbs. Feels like a hardtail =)
    I hope Ill get the spring next week =)

Greetings Znarf

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmilMick
    ANd what makes you (the consumer) think you have the entire story on the subject? I work at a shop that was the #1 specialized dealer in Texas for 3 years in a row. Yea, Id say our relationshiop with Specialized is pretty good But you know what? We STILL get delays on bike frames. It doesnt happen to the extreme the original poster is talking about very often, but it DOES happen. I know you're proud of your LBS for hooking you up. But everyone thinks their shop is the best. Just becasue this is happening to the original poster doesnt mean a damn thing about the relationship between his LBS and Specialized.

Your local bike shop owner called specialized and your frame was there in less than 2 weeks!!! Oh my god!!! I bet it was because the owner called huh? Or at least, thats what you were told hahahah!!! Odds are, the owner called, got good news, and told you HE worked it all out. Every shop does it on occasion. Now watch all the claims that follow my post "the shop I work at doesnt do that!" hahahah!! Yes they do.

Hell, the case might have been, your LBS owner called specialized, and it just so happened that the situation changed at the factory, but specialized decided to tell your LBS owner that since he is SUCH a good dealer, they'll hook him up. hahahah!!

There is no telling how your situation worked out. And there is no telling how the original posters situation will work out.

All I can say is that there isnt ONE company out there that doesnt have delays. SOme draw out for days, some draw out for months. Yes, it happens to some companies more often, but it DEOS happen to all of them. And in my experience, Specialized is right in the middle. They dont experience too many delays, but they are not perfect either.
    You tell him who is boss, dude!
    :wq

mtbr member
    Also, to what smilmick said - One thing I've noticed shops do is call around to other dealers to get a certain frame. After being in the bike business for so long (and I'm sure the owners have been), they gain friends. These are the situations where friends come in. Maybe your dealer doesn't have the certain bike, but his friend/another specialized dealer does 40 miles away. The bike was probably just sitting in the back ina box, or on their floor. Everyone wins, and you think your shop is the greatest for going through this! Shops lie, just like any other service/retail store.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicsuby
    You tell him who is boss, dude!
    Sorry for contributing to the thread.....

Seems like you might be a little lacking in that department though

Boulder, CO
    I'm sure all dealers are created equal, but some dealers are more equal than others.
    Rides:

Mountain:

2007 Specialized S-Works Enduro SL Carbon
    2000 Specialized S-Works FSR XC

Road:

2006 Pinarello Paris Carbon
    1987 Ciocc

Transports:

2004 BMW M3 Convertible
    1988 BMW M6
    1974 BMW 2002 tii

mtbr member
    Sorry for contributing to the thread.....

Seems like you might be a little lacking in that department though
    Reread your post and consider your tone. Way to represent your employer (arrogant, condescending, etc)!
    Last edited by nachomc; 04-08-2007 at 11:20 PM.
    :wq

Where are You ?
    Mar 2007
    i agree smill ....i'm a business man in a different area of moving product. Ur dead on.

The ride to old camp, 22 miles was fun yesterday; Dripping wet, sand and rocks everywhere, slate shambles, drops. I'm dead tired. 3-5K of ascent totals from where we stated. CRAZY

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hey buddy... how well do you speak Finnish? Cut the man some slack.

spes, hn on pelle oikeesti.
    Last edited by sus13; 04-09-2007 at 02:19 AM.
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"]Intense 5.5 | Specialized SX Trail II | Kona Dawg Primo [/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I have waited my Demo 8 frame for three months now. I ordered it in november, and I was said it will come on january/february, and I'm still waiting. Now dealer says, that Specialized have said them that frame delivery will be delayed again, but they did not say for how long it will take. I'm planning to cancel the order and find other frame and better company that will keep up their promises better.
    Specialized does not have strong distribution channels up here in Finland. From land of Nokia mobile phones, originators of the Sauna, and home to father Christmas (a.k.a. Santa Claus). Finland should be on the map. Not one single dealer, according to Specialized's web site.

I know Best Brakes in Lauttasaari carries some Specialized products, but I think they are getting their stock from the UK or Ireland... perhaps Russia, who knows. A while back, I check with Evan's Cycles and in the UK and asked if they could ship directly to Finland (for an SX Trail frame) since there was no official dealers.... not a problem. Perhaps check with them to see if the situation is any better.
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"]Intense 5.5 | Specialized SX Trail II | Kona Dawg Primo [/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I have the same problem, i command the frame in september 2006... i just hope that the frame come this, or next month.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timo13122
    I have the same problem, i command the frame in september 2006... i just hope that the frame come this, or next month.....
    no perkele... was this from Finland or elsewhere in Europe? You would think with the strong euro:dollar exchange rate Specialized would seize the opportunity for European sales.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sus13
    no perkele... was this from Finland or elsewhere in Europe? You would think with the strong euro:dollar exchange rate Specialized would seize the opportunity for European sales.
    -----------------> from Finland

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Would someone from Specialized tell if frames are coming near future. That would be good customers service!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast