Thread: Using Stans

mtbr member
    Sep 2003

Using Stans

Can you use stans notubes to make a 2007 rockhopper pro tubeless and if so how would you do it.

JJV
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yes, it's no problem.
    Goto notubes.com find the right kit for your wheels (usually the standard kit). It's usually cheeper at pricepoint.com. There are directions with the kit and a video on notubes website that explain it. The kit is mainly a ruber insert in the wheel to seal the wheel up and the liquid fills the voids in the tire rubber to keep the tire from leaking. to set the beads the first time you may need compressed air or a co2 cartrige. It not hard at all.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    is it a problem that the rockhoppers rims are made for shreader valves

JJV
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm not shure what the websight will tell you on that question. When I did my sj i drilled the hole out through the whole rim and the valve stem was just loose. that rim still works fine. I would not be afraid to do it.

Mud Boy
    Nov 2004
    to install the Stan's rimstrips, you have to drill out the inside of the rim larger anyway. If you already have the larger hole for a schrader valve...it save's you one step.

The video on Stan's site can be helpful. It is important that the rimstrip is smoothed under the rim bead. I run a fingerbail between the strip and inside of the rim bead. Always use plenty of soap bubbles when installing the rimstrips, and the tires.

Speaking of the tires. My 06 Specialized Roll X Pro tires could be put on by hand, they just would not seal up.

Pull your tires off the rims, turn them completely inside out and leave them that way for a couple of days. When you turn them rightside out again, the beads will be much wider apart.

It'll all make more sense once you review the video and try it a few times.

Also, if you have heavy wire bead tires, don't waste your time with them. Invest in a nice foldable Kevlar bead tire. It'll be gobs lighter, and perform better too.

Good Luck