mtbr member
    Jul 2009

Used Stumpjumper FSR 07 frame need advise

Hi!
    I bought Stumpjumper FSR Comp 2007 frame. Which one headset would you recomend and also what front and rear shocks?I was thinking about Fox Talas 36 or RockShox Lyric?Advise please.

Thanks

Marek

mtbr member
    chris king headset, 32 float rlc fork, and rp23 shock.

mtbr member
    Chris King Headet
    32 Talas (just to be different from terrible) I have a friend with the same setup he loves it.
    rp23

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    If you don't want to spend $100 for a King headset, check out the Cane Creek S-3. It's a solid cartridge bearing headset at about a third of the price of King, with only about a 10 gram weight penalty.

cougarbait
    I also support the S3
    I don't think the stumpjumper is a good match for something like a 36 or lyrik
    09AS-Rsl/09Six

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    S-3, Pike, RP23 will give it 140mm travel in the rear.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    thanks for all your adv's. I found S8 for 10 more than S so probably will go for it.

mtbr member
    I assume it comes with a Triad rear shock. You could try it with that, but you will want a different shock eventually. Compression damping is non-existent on that shock, which sucks your acceleration. A true Fox Float R or RP23 would be much better.
    The 120 mm Float RL that came with my bike is well matched. Only rarely do I wish I could lower the height, like a Talas, on the steepest of climbs and switchbacks. For that reason I would not recommend an unadjustable 140 mm, I think it would wander on real steeps. That's just me though, I haven't tried it, but also haven't converted my fork to 140 for that reason.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    If we were to fit a RP23 for the rear, what is the eye to eye length that can match the traid or specialized AFR?

Members who have read this thread: 0