mtbr member
    May 2006

USA Pitch vs rest of the world Pitch

Hello. Have anybody notice that for 2010 the USA Pitch is the only one that doesnt comes with solo air pikes, better cranks and brakes. I havent checked every site, but at least for Canada, UK and Australia they come with way better components. Is this a missprint on their web page or is a fact. I just cant undersand if this is true.

Bernardo

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Yes, I noticed this too. I work at a Specialized dealer in Canada, and even our new 2010 catalog with specs does not jive with the website. In our catalog it shows a 3-ring Shimano crank, Avid 3sl's, and a coil Pike(like the U.S. site.) On the web under the Canada region it shows the Truvativ 2 ring/bash, Avid Elixers, and a soloair Pike(like the other regions.)
    You might want to check your local dealer and see what their 2010 catalog shows. I have yet to talk to the our rep. to see what the real deal is. My bet is the part availability changes from region to region for the given year. Seeing as the Pitch is a model that has not changed(beside colours) for 3 years. Specialized most likely uses up the parts they have for these bikes, and the builds change as stock gets used up. I have seen this with other Specialized bikes that we recieve, ordered later on in the year.
    I'll look into this soon, and post it up. I was considering a Pitch Pro seeing the good spec. it had on the website. But was dissappointed to see our spec. in the catalog. Maybe in the meantime someone, else will have some insight on this. Ride ON.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Okay, so Specialized Canada says our catolog is wrong, and to go by the website. I shot him another email asking about the conflicting info. for the USA site. I'll post up when I hear. Something I didn't notice before, the USA region shows the specs. you want under the "Features" header, and the old specs. under the "Technical Specs." header. Seeing as the picture doesn't match up, possibly the website was never fully updated. Ride On.