mtbr member

Upgrade for stock '07 Enduro to balance out travel?

Please help me!
    Here's the deal: I own an '07 Enduro (just the base model) and I love it. I ride it hard and it even takes some light jumps and drops. But there's a problem. It doesn't feel balanced in the front/rear travel. That is, the rear travel feel like way more than the front.

My solution: I want to upgrade to a Fox Vanilla RLC and compensate the geometry on the head angle with the extra link piece for the rear shock. Maybe even put a shorter stem on if I need to make the steering more responsive.

Well, what do you think? (Also, the Specialized website says that my fork is 130mm but its actually 110mm which could be why the travel feels "unbalanced".)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Here's a question for the aol generation:

Is it really that hard to type "any" instead of "n e" or "your" instead of "ur"?

You are being judged by the way you post, whether you like it or not, and aolese conveys the fact that you're ("ur") not too bright.

p.s. The video was uninspiring, repetitious, and not very interesting. But at least he took the time to make one, unlike so many other folks.

You stink
    Oct 2005
    I have an 07 enduro elite and the first thing I did was put on my 07 Vanilla R 140. The bike feels better and the front end is much stiffer. And the Float 130rl that came on it was what my Motolite needed, so it all worked out. You could even put on a Vanilla 36 with 160mm travel and add the shock geometry thingy that came with your bike and you will have better clearance as well. Many options for these bikes that's why I own one.
    Less Talkie Talkie, More Ping Pong!