SpecRH
    May 2009

upgrade RH or buy SJ HT EVO???????

i have a question.
    i currently have a 2010 Rockhopper Expert.
    it has a Rockshox tora 318 solo air fork
    its converted to 1x9
    running eggbeater sl's
    new tires, and other little knick knacks.
    HOWEVER my question is, Im wondering if its worth buying the Stumpjumper HT EVO or upgrading my rockhopper.

I would most likely put a decent set of tubeless wheels ( just incase i decide to go tubeless).... upgrade to a SRAM X9 Der. in either 9 speed so i can keep my cassette and shifter , or maybe even buy the 10 speed and change out cassette and shifter.
    Im content with my handlebars i have now, i guess i could upgrade the whole BB and cranks, even though im not sure i would be able to tell the difference.

Its not a money issue as far as to whether or not i'll buy the SJ, i just think it might be funner to spec my rockhopper to my likings and have it somewhat like the SJ. I absolutely love my rockhopper, but am considering to make it better or just take the step up and buy the Stumpy

Yes i know the SJ frame is light, and it is a 29er. Im just trying to figure out whether or not to take the step to the SJ.

any insight on this???????
    MTB : 2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er
    MTB SS : 2010 Specialized RH
    ROAD: 2011 Specialized Tarmac Comp
    TOY: Trek 1000

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Having come from a 26er to the EVO, I would suggest you go to the EVO and keep your RH as a backup when the EVO is in the shop getting tuned, etc.Or take the parts from teh RH and put them on the EVO.

Think of it this way, you can dress up the RH all you want, but you can't mess with the frame.

The EVO really is a sweet ride.