fight the system

upgrade to '07 link?

Some one has to know the answer to this:
    I want to know if i can upgrade my '06 stumpy FSR 120 to the new '07 shock link that has the bearings in the lower shock pivot instead of relying on the bushings in the shock itself. I'm sure everyone pre '07 ends up with some play in the bushing after some good rides and buying new shock bushings all the time seems like a bad band-aid solution. I want bearings but will the new link fit? (the change to the frame to the new forged seat tube might have had some geometry change to it)
    If you believe that I've got some magic beans to sell ya.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Nope. The shape and dimensions are different.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE Racing lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    You could go with the BETD linkage it has sealed bearings and travel adjustments.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by z71
    You could go with the BETD linkage it has sealed bearings and travel adjustments.
    That's not correct. I have a BETD-link. It uses the same bearings as the original link and still uses a shock bushing. It does use a sturdier, thicker bolt and tigher fitting bushing.
    What Jakomonster means is that the 07 models use a bearing instead of a DU-bushing for the shock.

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    The BETD link does not use the same bearings than the stock ones. They are way better and better sealed. I have the BETD link also.It is a very good option because the 07 will not fit. It will have the DU-bushing for the shock though.
    Last edited by z71; 04-10-2007 at 07:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by z71
    The BETD link does not use the same bearings than the stock ones. They are way better and better sealed. I have the BETD link also.It is a very good option because the 07 will not fit. It will not have the DU-bushing for the shock though.
    I meant to say it uses similar bearings. The BETD-link still uses and includes a new DU-bushing.

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by djska
    I meant to say it uses similar bearings. The BETD-link still uses and includes a new DU-bushing.
    The new bolt and shock bushing they give you is way better than stock. A real tight fit and no play at all. The are not cheap but a real nice upgrade. It is nice that you have travel options with the new shock also.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    How much do you have to increase your shock psi with the BETD link if you use the longer travel? I am thinking of getting the BETD link for my 2005 S works stump jumper. I weigh 200 lbs and ride my septune at 215-220 psi. If I get the BETD link can this shock handle the required increase in psi for my weight. Anybody know what the typical percentage increase in shock pressure will need to be. I love the ide of having 150 mm of travel. Let me know.

Thanks