mtbr member
    May 2008

Tyre Size for Enduro SL

Hi Folks

I am taking part in a 48 mile offroad challenge/race next month and was wondering what the best tyres would be to use. I have the stock 2.3's that came with the bike fitted just now.

Would I be better to change these out for a thinner tyre ? If so, any recommendations

Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    By thinner do you mean width wise? If so, I like maxxis ignitors, but it really depends on the terrain. I did like the stock 2.3 Eskars, but I ended up slicing one and pinch flatting through the other (ran them tubeless with stans). Tires are more terrain specific than bike specific imo.

The Eskars really don't roll that slow, I'm not sure the difference would be too noticable off road. If you are riding on the street, a 2.1 ignitor or nanoraptor may be faster.

the #1 Stunna'
    wow that is a heavy bike for a 50 miler....however i am going to be doing one on my pitch ina few months lol
    I has Bikes

mtbr member
    May 2005
    If it going to be dry, Nevegal Small Block 8's are hard to beat. 1.95 in the rear and 2.1 up front. Otherwise Nevegal DTC's are a great rolling do all tire set with 2.35 up front and 2.1 in back

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks for the advice guys. As for the bike being heavy, its all relative I suppose. My last bike was a hardrock which wasn't exactly light

Wait, what!?
    I swear by the WTB Mutanos. They are a rather light 2.4 tire IMO, and perform way better then the stock tires.

backwoods and backwards
    Conti Mt Kings roll pretty fast.
    Live the life you love!