mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Typical SX Trail weights?

So looking at an SX Trail, a new one. Does anyone know the typical weights of say the complete SXTI and SXTII either 2008, 2007, or 2006?

I'm looking to step up from a Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC to the SX because i want a little more freeridability, but i still will be climbing a little as well, and i'm willing to carry up the extra weight. Anyone climb their SXT's? What do you think?

thanks

UNDEAD
    Anywhere between 34 and 43 lbs. depending on spec.

SXT II's are typically 35-36lb. range
    SXT I are usually 38-41lbs.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    im looking into buying an SX II right now, just over 36 pounds on the price list in the shop, theyll have to order one on for me, itll be that orange and black one that nobody has seen too much of,

i was also looking at a kona coiler deluxe which ive seen in person and is a really burly bike, especially that rear triangle, ive seen a few broken chain stay pics of older sx trails, my question is, have they redesigned the chain stays of the 08 model SX and if so, how???

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by snow-man
    Anywhere between 34 and 43 lbs. depending on spec.

SXT II's are typically 35-36lb. range
    SXT I are usually 38-41lbs.
    Wow, the SXT II's are pretty light considering how capable they are. I'm sure one could lighten it up a little for all mountain riding with a lighter wheelset. Thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by darkest_fugue
    have they redesigned the chain stays of the 08 model SX and if so, how???
    Yes. No issues with '07 or '08. The Coiler is good the SXT is great. If money is not an issue then the choice is a no brainer.

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by darkest_fugue
    im looking into buying an SX II right now, just over 36 pounds on the price list in the shop, theyll have to order one on for me, itll be that orange and black one that nobody has seen too much of,

i was also looking at a kona coiler deluxe which ive seen in person and is a really burly bike, especially that rear triangle, ive seen a few broken chain stay pics of older sx trails, my question is, have they redesigned the chain stays of the 08 model SX and if so, how???

the 2008 has a symetrical rear end . Which places stress equal unlike the old offset chainstays.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ahh so thats it, very clever, ive been scratching my head looking at pics of SX's all over the place and just couldnt see any difference, i suppose it has to be a first hand thing

dirt visionary
    kinda I owned an 07 also so it was easy .
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.