RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

two bolts under frame?

what are the two bolts under the frame about 6" up from the bottom bracket? my FSRXC frame has them too and I can't figure out what I'd possibly mount under there.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

STI member
    Water bottle cage.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    They're a great place to bolt NiHM batteries too if you fancy running a set of lights.

Biking takes on a whole new element at night. You may not actually be going any faster, but it sure feels like you are!

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    don't take this the wrong way, I do appreciate the responses. But if water bottles, mud flaps and batteries are in fact the intended purpose the vast majority of us will never touch those bolts. so, why make it standard? seems like a complete waste.

by the way, I went on a night ride at Pedros Fest this year. Sigma Sport was demoing their headlamp system. What a rush. I totally agree, it adds a whole new excitement to the trails you could do with no hands during the day.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

STI member
    Because if they didn't somebody would complain about it.

Also, I love my Jet Lites Phantom. Very bright.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Bolts

I'm not sure about nobody using the bottle mounts. At this time of year everyone seems to have a mudguard bolted to their downtube.

...the wave won't brek
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM
    don't take this the wrong way, I do appreciate the responses. But if water bottles, mud flaps and batteries are in fact the intended purpose the vast majority of us will never touch those bolts. so, why make it standard? seems like a complete waste.

by the way, I went on a night ride at Pedros Fest this year. Sigma Sport was demoing their headlamp system. What a rush. I totally agree, it adds a whole new excitement to the trails you could do with no hands during the day.

Um they are there because if the bosses for them were not instaled at the time of manufature there would be no way to install them after the fact for thoes of us who need them.

Do a race weekend some time you will see first hand what people use them for.

Most hand pumps come with a bracket that installs on there so you can take your pump with you.
    2008 Santa Cruz Superlight SPX-XC Kit

2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR-XC Comp

2006 Specialized Allez Sport Double

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by anthrax
    Um they are there because if the bosses for them were not instaled at the time of manufature there would be no way to install them after the fact for thoes of us who need them.

Do a race weekend some time you will see first hand what people use them for.

Most hand pumps come with a bracket that installs on there so you can take your pump with you.
    ok, so maybe on an XC bike...put them there in case someone wants them. but a Demo 9 with a water bottle cage!? ha, might as well put some stock mounts for a basket and tassels.