2:1
    mtbr member

tuning "trail-tuned" Brain?

So, I've thrown it down and got myself a 2006 FSR 120 Pro with the "Trail-Tuned" Brain with "Brain Fade." I basically keep the "Brain Fade" cranked all the way to the right, and watch enviously as my friends with Epics enjoy complete rigidity, complete lockout, while I bounce-bounce-bounce my way up smooth climbs. Is there any way-- via Fox or Specialized, to somehow "race tune" my "trail tune," so my FSR can behave more like a 5" Epic?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have one too, and I love it. I did think about doing as you described, but I don't think I dould like it fully rigid anymore. Anyway, I would just call Fox and see what they have to say.

Salsa Shark
    Also, could you get a lockout pin installed?

K n e e m o i
    I don't think calling FOX will solve your problem. However, I would have your SJ brain checked out by a legit dealer to see if it is actually working properly as it should. (No stuck inertia valve, or anything of that sort)

Specialized isn't stupid enough to make SJ behave like a 5 inch travel epic. Epic brain is race tuned and SJ brain is trail tuned, hence the difference in behavior. Basically, the BIG S is saying, "if you want race tuned shock, get an Epic, if not get the SJ.
    "Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi