mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Tuning the -07 demo 7 speedstack motion control Totem

Hi, I found this in another thread, and thought I might ask here as well, as I havenīt found any info on our custom motion control Totem internals anywhere and hope someone knows how to tune them.

[Quote:]
    Originally Posted by kapusta
    3) With a high compression setting (small damper hole), pressure builds up very easily at lower fluid speeds. The floodgate is set up to open at pretty low fuid speeds. This gives you a fork that resists bobbing and diving fairly well, but opens seamlessly up for any bumps. This is my favorite setup.
    [Endquote]

I run a custom Totem coil with a speedstack motion control damper inside(the one that came on the Demo 7 -07s) The tip above is what I want. Iīm guessing that with those settings and the addition of the internal boxxer high speed shim stack, I should be able to achieve what he says, but with added bottom out/high speed control towards the end of the stroke..?

Anyone try this, or try to tune this damper in any way?

Thanks
    Fredrik
    Swedish trail/AM/Enduro/DH-rider - Currently rides Spitfire V2 & Devinci Wilson SL. Spending the summer 2013 in Whistler, BC.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hereīs how specialized describes the fork:
    RockShox Totem Coil for Specialized, custom Black Box speed stack damper, adj comp and reb, 180mm travel, alloy 1.5" steerer, 20mm thru-axle w/ Maxle
    Swedish trail/AM/Enduro/DH-rider - Currently rides Spitfire V2 & Devinci Wilson SL. Spending the summer 2013 in Whistler, BC.

Calm Like a Bomb
    Carbon Wilson
    Carbon Troy

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Iīm sick with the internals of this fork. Even now that Iīve tuned it and experimented with oil height and other things itīs nowhere near as plush or fast as a Totem Coil mission control. There is almost like thereīs a platform in there.

Iīm thinking about ordering the motion control damping internals. Right leg should do it, right? Is there something else thatīs different on this totem?

If that doesnīt work Iīm selling it and getting the new mission control Boxxer. Will also test the BOS N'Dee and Idylle Pro for a swedish mtb magazine this summer so will probably get to try out a fair bit of high end forkage before buying.