mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Totem 2 step plus enduro...

anybody done it? i have a non-sx trail version and am pretty unimpressed with its climbing

abilities, but love the way it descends so i want to make it a full blown freeride rig. i will be

switching out the rear shock (oh, other question, anyone know if the RS vivid will fit these

bikes?) anyways, if they dont then im getting an avalanch chubby shock with .25" more

stroke for more travel (170mm i believe?) yes i am aware i will be voiding warranties and

all that fun stuff. but im just wondering if anyone has a totem on one of these or sx trail

to let me know how it feels. or if there are any recommendations (looking for 160-180

single crown fork, travel adjust is nice b/c i dont always have a shuttle truck to the top)

thanks for any and all feedback!

-redrider11-

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    A totem should work on the enduro. I have an expert and I am putting on the solo air version of the totem ( the 2 step had some air cartridge issues). I actually have the enduro expert 07. Rear shocks are hit or miss. Basically everything that can have a 15mm bolt go through its eyelet should fit. There are some clearance issues with smaller frames sizes of the enduro.

I know a cane creek double barrel should fit on an enduro. They are expensive though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    any tuning company is able to make the shock to fit in your frame..they decrease the stroke of the shock

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    There are a couple things to watch for when getting any rear shock(especially coil over): The spring retainer at the bottom eyelet (not the one you turn for preload), needs to be high enough to clear the actual suspension linkage. Next you have to make sure that the piggy back resi can fit near the split seat tube on the enduros. Lastly check what happens to the shock at full bottom out without the spring installed.

Call sram and ask them if the vivid will fit. Ask them if their bottom eyelet is the same size as the fox eyelets (without the eyelet sleeve inserted, should be like 15mm to work).

Most shocks should fit in the "slack" shuttle angle. Large frames and up have better success rates with shocks that fit. The smaller the frame and you run into problems.

cane creek double barrel and avalanche should both fit.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    thanks for both of your responses. i ended up getting a marzocchi am sl 1 fork because i

have a buddy that DH's the hell outa his non sl am fork and does fine. so i should be

good with just 160mm, i like the adjustments so far, no real gnarly trail ride on it yet, but i

feel it fits the frame better then the stock 36 talas. i just ordered the shock today (roco

tstr, 8.75 x 2.75), gonna hold off to order a spring to check what happens when i

compress the suspension all the way, i wasnt even thinking about the spring retainer, i

will have to keep an eye out for that, thanks for the input. i will let you know how it all falls

into place when i get the shock sometime in the middle of next week.

-redrider11-

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I hope you have a medium or large frame. I have heard rumors that the rocos don't fit on the enduro. (the piggy back hits the seat stay) But lets hope you don't have a small frame and that it works. (I got my fingers crossed for you)

Great choice on the fork. It should still let you bike climb but will soak up the big stuff. (my totem is going to rake my front end out!)

Update us on what happened, so everyone can know for the future.

Members who have read this thread: 0