mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Tools for S-Works Crank

Hello,

Can anyone help me out with alternative tools for mounting a S-works Carbon Crank.

As I understand you could purchase a Toolkit from Specialized however in Europe it will cost you a fortune.

If the toolkit of Specialized is the only option, can anyone give a dealers adress to buy it in the States.

Thanks,

Hans.

Building up a S-works Epic 2010 model (good old 26 )

Rider
    Nov 2010
    To put the cranks together you need a long 6mm hex, preferably one you can put on a torque wrench. Any tool manufacturer (snap-on, mac, etc.) should have them.

mtbr member
    Unless it's a 2011 set of cranks then it's a Torx bit. Not sure what size though, sorry.

Rider
    Nov 2010
    Goneskiian is correct, however I would not just go by year as I have a 2011 and mine uses a straight hex. If it is the hex star for 2011, then it is a T45. This link should provide you with the details you need to assemble the crank;
    http://service.specialized.com/colla...B-Crankset.pdf

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for the info guys.

mtbr member
    Regarding the installation of the s-works crankset you also need a specialized tool for mounting the spider at the right crankarm. THIS is nearly unaffordable. Thats why my concept store will do this step. They provide me a T45 key so i can do every other step myself for the 2011 crank.