mtbr member

For those that converted your Enduro from Fox CTD to CCDB CS

So taking the advice I read on the Enduro 29 thread, I got hold of andyslifebike on the Bay.

He's got a line on the Enduro 29 modded CCDB CS for $589 shipped, and is getting the shock direct from CC.

For those that have done the mod: Is there any yoke adaptation concerns? I'm assuming the CCDB has the same drilled and tapped can end that the yoke screws into. Anything I should know about?

Also, at the top/shaft end of the shock: Will the CTD bolts/bushes convert right over, or is there a hardware kit that I need from CC?

Thanks guy's!

--Doug
    Last edited by Rockrover; 03-01-2014 at 07:21 AM.

Deere Rider
    I am contemplating the same thing and am also curious about any details on the switch.

BTW, you can get this shock from the cycles that are universal for $567 shipped.

Another option for rear shock upgrades is sending the stocker to Avalanche as they will work their magic on the Evo shock. This is probably your best "bang for the buck" choice. PUSH will not work on the Evo shocks. I've also seen rumors that the Monarch Plus may be a possibility in the near future. Nice to have some options!

mtbr member
    Titus, Just checked Universals web site and looks like the same price I saw 4 months ago (?): $667 + mounting kit

I hear ya on the Avalanche tune, but from a dynamics perspective, I'm really liking the LSC and LSR defeat from the CS on the CCDB. The physics of the technology simply makes sense, and seems that just about everyone who has ridden one (with proper set-up!) say it's the bee's knees. Now, will my intermediate level riding and advanced old arse truly be able to feel and maximize the shock? That's a completely different question! (kinda' like that set of ENVE AM 29's that my LBS just quoted me a bro deal on...Do I really need it?)

Deere Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock rover View Post
    Titus, Just checked Universals web site and looks like the same price I saw 4 months ago (?): $667 + mounting kit

I hear ya on the Avalanche tune, but from a dynamics perspective, I'm really liking the LSC and LSR defeat from the CS on the CCDB. The physics of the technology simply makes sense, and seems that just about everyone who has ridden one (with proper set-up!) say it's the bee's knees. Now, will my intermediate level riding and advanced old arse truly be able to feel and maximize the shock? That's a completely different question! (kinda' like that set of ENVE AM 29's that my LBS just quoted me a bro deal on...Do I really need it?)
    Agree totally on the CCDBA.

Sign up for the newsletter. Every month you get new codes for 10% over 100$ and 15% over $300.

Deere Rider
    Now...if that $589 included a necessary mounting kit for the front eyelet it looks a bit better. I was thinking CC shocks had the same eyelet dimensions as Fox so the stock kit would interchange. I was hoping someone would answer that in this thread.

Commit or eat sh!t
    CCDB CS for Enduro from Universal or whoever else comes with everything you need to swap out the shock. Just make sure you get the correct one, as the stroke dimensions are different for 2014 vs. 2013

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable0guy View Post
    CCDB CS for Enduro from Universal or whoever else comes with everything you need to swap out the shock. Just make sure you get the correct one, as the stroke dimensions are different for 2014 vs. 2013
    Very true on the '13 vs. '14 stroke length. Apparently Specialized has the stroke length listed on their web-site specs the same on both models. In reading the CC 'lounge' forum posts from their techs, Spech is incorrect.

Also on the hardware kit...Might be worth a call to whomever you buy from.

Direct from Universals CCDBA CS sale page/web-site:

Specialized Enduro 2013 (26" and 29") have their own specific models
    509g (varies by length)
    Mounting not included (purchased separately)
    Hand Built in Fletcher, NC
    Individually dyno-tested

I just e-mailed CC about the mounting hardware requirements. I'll post up what I find. Regardless, about $20 should net the right stuff.

Deere Rider
    Yes, the 26 and 29 Enduro use different stroke length shocks. I think this was the conclusion above so I am concurring. The 26 is 8.5X2.5 and 29 is 8.5X2.25. Same overall length, shorter stroke for the 29. I measured my '14 E29 to confirm...stroke length of 2.25.

I have found multiple times where specs on Specialized's website are incorrect.

Commit or eat sh!t
    Mine came with mounting hardware. But even if it doesn't, it doesn't take much work to move it over from Fox.