Shread Ready

Thinking of upgrades for my Pitch Pro - What would you suggest?

Hi, I've been enjoying my pitch pro all summer and finally had a chance to hit up Winter Park Resort for some riding during Crankworx. I really liked how the bike handled the DH course and it felt great on the table top jumps.

Anyways, I was thinking of doing a few upgrades and was seeing what others have done with theirs or what you'd suggest. I was thinking of replacing the Avid Juicy 2's since they are kinda beat up from crashing and aren't the greatest. I was also thinking about a new handle bar. What would be a nice light one? Other than that I think it's still doing ok. Maybe a wheel set sometime in the future but the stock ones seem decent for now. Thanks for any/all suggestions.

the #1 Stunna'
    I have upgraded cranks, put on juicy 7s.

i am going to get a new wheelset, i am having a hard time keeping mune true, and i am putting a DHX 5.0 on the rear too.

All in all i do really love this bike!
    I has Bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Keep an eye on ebay for an E150 fork + wheelset. Best upgrade I've done on my pitch.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'm pretty sure putting triple crown forks on your pitch will invalidate the warranty. Just got mine and the only things I feel I might upgrade for now are the saddle and grips.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    don't bother with that E150, look for a Fox 36RC Talas. I got that on my Sworks enduro and its a million times nicer than the e150....they dropped that fork for 09 too by the way on enduros...

the #1 Stunna'
    Quote Originally Posted by YourMomsBox
    don't bother with that E150, look for a Fox 36RC Talas. I got that on my Sworks enduro and its a million times nicer than the e150....they dropped that fork for 09 too by the way on enduros...
    just to correct you, they dripped it on all but the S-Works, they must still have some faith in it.

and the PIKE is a great fork, unless you can get what a 36 talas would cost you, there is no reason.
    I has Bikes

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kawsakimx6
    just to correct you, they dripped it on all but the S-Works, they must still have some faith in it.

and the PIKE is a great fork, unless you can get what a 36 talas would cost you, there is no reason.

yeah i know, i've seen the new Sworks....the bike looks sick. but they should have just dropped that fork.

wretch
    for DH. . . stronger crank set. . .shorter burlier stem and seat post. . . wider bars. . . breaks sure. . . thats all pref. Although I'm hearing a lot of great things about Hope. . . maybe try the Hayes Strokers. My Enduro Pro has XT brakes and levers, work fine on almost everything. . . though at times they feel a little under powered for the steepest gnar gnar.

Shread Ready
    Yeah, I need to get my brakes tuned for now since they aren't engaging that great. The rear brake almost hits the grip before engaging which really sucks. And I already paid for a new Juicy 3 to replace my front one that got dinged up pretty bad in a wreck - it hyper-extended. My LBS said the master cylinder was damaged and the only way was to replace the whole front brake system since Juicy 3's don't have replaceable parts like the other Juicy brakes. I have Hayes Disk brakes on my HT Trek and those are pretty nice. New cranks would be nice as mentioned - maybe next season. In addition I'll check out the wheel sets you guys mentioned. Did you stay with the Stock Hubs? < They seem pretty good. I really dig the Rock Shox Pike so I'll be keeping that on in addition to the Fox RP2 because I love lockout for a lot of front range rides that require lots of climbing. One thing I noticed was I couldn't get the seat low enough while doing DH this weekend. Would it be ok to use a hacksaw to cut off some of the seat post steam? I like it nice a low for DH and the way the frames designed only allow you to lower it so much. If not, any suggestions for a different seat post steam that's not as long and nice and light? I'm really digging the bike and trying to dial it in for my next resort session. Thanks for all the good suggestions so far.

wretch
    I took an inch off of my seat post. . . maybe a bit more. Just get your prioritys striaght. . . will you pedal. . . will you want to pedal well. That said, just make sure you don't measure and cut for the drop height, measure and cut for the optimal climbing height.

the #1 Stunna'
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Trash
    I took an inch off of my seat post. . . maybe a bit more. Just get your prioritys striaght. . . will you pedal. . . will you want to pedal well. That said, just make sure you don't measure and cut for the drop height, measure and cut for the optimal climbing height.

best answer there is on this. If you are looking or an all DH bike, you should sell the Pitch and look into a Demo.
    I has Bikes

Shread Ready
    Well the stock seat post is quite long so I should be able to cut off a few inches to allow me to get it nice and low for DH. I would still be able to raise it to my ideal height for climbing. I would consider a Demo but I'm trying to make my Pitch DH friendly while retaining the excellent climbing capabilities.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    The Traverse wheels are super nice, strong, and light. Maybe some Easton Havoc bars and a Thomson stem. Also, run a double ring (or single) with a shiftable chainguide and a bash.

My Pitch set up is;

Wheels: 5.1D rims w/ 240s rear hub, Stout front
    Suspension: Pike, SBC AFR rear shock.
    Drivetrian: XO/X9 triggers, XO RD, XTR cranks, XT cassette, XTR FD (Double ring w/bash)
    Brakes: Juicy 7's
    SBC carbon XC bars, Thomson post, SBC Format saddle, CB mallet pedals, Eskar/Captain tires. Thomson stem.

Here is a pic, made a few changes since then.

Maybe that will give you some ideas?
    Last edited by JustFuzzIt; 08-08-2008 at 10:48 PM.

Shread Ready
    Excellent JustFuzzIt! Those are some great ideas! I hope to get some upgrades done before the seasons over.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher
    Excellent JustFuzzIt! Those are some great ideas! I hope to get some upgrades done before the seasons over.

The season never ends, its just a matter of how determined you are