MCF
    mtbr member

Thinking of trading from Blur (classic) to SJ 120 Expert....

The Blur feels too small for me (6'5" with 24.1" TT on Blur vs. 25.1" TT of SJ), but I have a big concern.....the VPP of the Blur makes it really quick feeling and it climbs great without any noticeable bob but the suspension is awesome feeling. Does the SJ 120 Expert (don't think I want the Pro with Brain fade and not interested in spending that kind of money) bob any when pedaling along or climbing (with the Triad in the wide open position - like a very active suspension because of root infested trails)? Also considering the Blur LT, but again, it's TT is not very long either (24.5")...thanks!!

mechmann_mtb
    my wife's 05 expert has a lockout on the talas and with the septune maxed out there is very little bob.

MCF
    mtbr member

What do you mean maxed out?

Do you mean increasing the pressure in the shock to it's limit? I don't want to do that or lock out the fork during trail riding....I will still want the 10-15% sag in both the fork and shock and was wondering with the correct pressure to obtain the correct sag in the shock, does the FSR bob a lot when riding flat surfaces and does the suspension 'suck' energy away from you when climbing?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCF
    Do you mean increasing the pressure in the shock to it's limit? I don't want to do that or lock out the fork during trail riding....I will still want the 10-15% sag in both the fork and shock and was wondering with the correct pressure to obtain the correct sag in the shock, does the FSR bob a lot when riding flat surfaces and does the suspension 'suck' energy away from you when climbing?
    Hi MCF,

I've been riding an '04 SJ w/ the triad for over a year now...on propedal, its awesome. I usually leave it on PP even on pavement. The lockout is rarely used by me.
    Switch it to 'open' when you're heading down is my recommendation. Even on very rooty/rocky sections I'll usually leave it in PP mode if it is flat terrain-I do notice a 'power robbing' sensation otherwise.
    The '06 has gone back to the Triad shock, as well.Good luck!

JW
    Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.