mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Thinking of buy a 06 Enduro Expert

I'm looking into buying a 06 Enduro Expert. I'm currently ridding a 03 Enduro Comp and a 03 BigHit Expert.
    Here in the North East the single tracks are rooted, rocky and technical. I eat that stuff up!! Anyway the Enduro move right along on the trails it climbs and decends nicley. As for setting up for jumps you can pedal at a pretty good click up to the face of the jump, level the pedals, compress and fly!!.
    For the BigHit going up sucks, decending is great and ridding single tracks is a workout. As for setting up for jumps you have to pedal your butt off to the face of the jump, never letting up until your ready to launch off. There is a lot more rolling resistance with the BigHit than there is with the Enduro. I think the BigHit comes in around 45 lbs and the Enduro at about 30 lbs. Needless to say the BigHit was a little disappointing.
    OK now on to the 06. This weekend I rode a 06 Stumpjumper Expert (27 lbs). Thou it could handle a 2 foot drop smoothly it felt to streched out and very twitchey. Next I tried a 06 SX Trail (41 lbs), Smooth!!! A 3 foot drop didn't even phase the bike. Pedals much better than the BitHit but still a bit heavy. Now on to the 06 Enduro Expert (~35 lbs) I haven't tried one yet (This weekend) but I'm hoping it feels similiar to my 03 Enduro Comp and I can get one for around $3000. Any feedback on pedaling/climbing/decending would really help. I'm really hoping it's as smooth as the SX Trail but rides like my 03 Enduro Comp.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Enduro

Hi I am looking at a enduro. or prophet for aggressive all mountain to replace mi stinky.
    You my have noticed that the enduro expert and pro have 150 mm rear travel or 6". this is better for a higher bottom bracket. the expert and enduro have less rear travel. good luck there are a lot of good choices out there.