mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Thinking about upgrading.

I am just getting back into the sport. I have an 2000 Stumpy Pro with upgraded XTR V-breaks and levers. The bike is like new. I've put new grips on it, batteries in the wireless computer, and now I can't seem to leave the trail. So I am buying the GF a new bike to join me and a new rack for the car so we can ride. While at the bike shop I say the new FSRxc Comp. I have always wanted a dual suspension bike. I just don't know if the rear shock and disks are worth the money. I am a little older now (late Late 20s), and do like the Idea of a soft tail. Should I look into selling my Stumpy Comp and is that even a big enough upgrade to justify? Lord know I need to be saving my money for other things . LOL

Thanks
    Sting22
    Last edited by sting22; 06-05-2008 at 01:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    The FSRXC is a sweet bike and having a full suspension will make you faster. It also improves climbing traction. It does depend on the terrain you will be riding though. If you are riding smooth firetrails and not much nechnical or rocky stuff, stick with the hardtail. Most other conditions, the rear suspension will be very nice.

The FSRXC is worth the money, but only if its worth it to you to spend it.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I know from personal experience that getting closer to 30 your body will want that rear end suspension working after a few hours in the saddle.For me at 25 I felt bulletproof . Never hurt , no aches no pains , but closing in on 40 now, I wish I had full susp. at 25 . Really a nice bike FSRXC u will love it. Once you move up you'll be glad you did and so will your body.

Members who have read this thread: 0