mtbr member
    May 2012

Thinking about buying 2012 S-works Enduro, any1 own a 11/12 ?

hi i am looking at a 2012 S-works Enduro C, i did test the best on a 11 frame they had, I liked it but i did noticed my foot would hit the ground at times when going over some bumps or uphills rides,never had it happen on my 29er GT or the 5.7C i tested, Is it that a common thing or was it just the demo bike or the 2011 frame they had out for testing?
    Any other inputs on the bike would be good to thoughts etc, i wanted some good travel but at the same time want to ride up hills and some tech parts, atm just building up my skill level so i can do some more harder jumps etc.
    And has anyone tested the pivot 5.7c mach to? could compare the two, i have tested both but not sure if the pivot will be enough later on when i want to do some more rough landings etc, atm aim is to get better at You yangs trails in Vic, and more DH trails there and maybe Mt buller later on.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Holf View Post
    my foot would hit the ground
    Keep your feet on the pedals?
    S-Works Venge
    S-Works Crux Disc
    Stumpjumper Expert EVO HT 29er
    Crux SS - Team Stumpjumper

mtbr member
    May 2012
    lol talking maybe the crank is to low or BB or something, or the length is to long so it makes the middle go lower then other bikes, and they set it up for a 90kg dude i was about 80kg with a pack on

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holf View Post
    lol talking maybe the crank is to low or BB or something, or the length is to long so it makes the middle go lower then other bikes, and they set it up for a 90kg dude i was about 80kg with a pack on
    ??????
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I have no issues with feet and pedals hiting the ground. Pivot looks neato and all, but I'm finding the Enduro hard to beat.

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    I've got a 2010 SWorks Enduro, and that BB is REALLY low...makes for awesome handling in the corners, but that translates to lots of pedal strikes on the technical climbs. You learn t adjust your pedaling though; the handling outweighs the pedaling drawbacks.

Your killing my Strava
    I love my 2011 Enduro. Best bike I have owned
    We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I own the 2012 enduro SWorks... Great bike...
    I only find the pedal strikes an issue when using flats.

The bike is SUPER smooth, great peddaling, super stiff, but it still isn't a xc wippet, even at low 11kgs. BUT IT WILL SMASH THE DOWN HILLS

mtbr member
    May 2012
    ok cool thanks, so wasn't just me lol, ya only happened a few times i just have to get used to it, just need to get a good price and pass it with the boss if she reckons is ok haha, and i seen a green frame not just the black, can get other colours to?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    G'day Holf. I have had my aluminium frame 2012 Enduro Comp for about three months now and I reckon my skill level has tripled. I still cant ride the bike to its full potential, but it inspires so much confidence that you feel safe to push your boundaries every ride. I ride XC, downhill and all mountain and the Enduro will get you to the top of every hill (the carbon frame S Works would be even better) and let you rip the downhills. I do strike my pedals on the deck occassionally but it is no big deal. I have seen videos of blokes riding the You Yangs and it looks like you need an Enduro at the very least. Much more hardcore than up here in Newcastle.

mtbr member
    Bottom bracket is lower on these bikes than you're probably used to. I had lots of pedal strikes the first few times out. You get used to the height very quickly, and now I don't hit the pedals anymore than I did on my old bike.

The Enduro is a great bike. I can climb whatever I want to, and don't think twice about anything on the way down (at least, from the bike's perspective -- I still worry about my own skills!). It has exceeded my expectations.

Good luck!
    '11 Specialized Enduro Expert for the trails
    '13 Felt Z4 for the road

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have a 2010 Enduro Comp and I have had to really adjust my pedal strokes to keep from striking the deck especially roots...but I would not trade it for anything...except a 2011-12 S-Works!!!!!