Thread: test bikes

Oz
    mtbr member

test bikes

Has anyone out there ever purchased a Specialized test ride bike? I was wondering what kind of experience you had. Was it good or bad, would you buy another one, or recommend buying one to a friend. I would really like to hear people's thoughts on the subject.
    Thanks for your input.

Wait, what!?
    Search for it, I think there was a thread floating around about this not too long ago. I would consider buying one if it was hardly ever used, but it all depends.

Calm Like a Bomb
    i think this is the thread u are talking about

what is the meaning...
    Carbon Wilson
    Carbon Troy

Mud Boy
    Nov 2004
    a local shop near here has a ver sweet color 07 Stumpy FSR expert(I think). Looks brandy spanking new to me. It's got a great price on it also.

If your into the non-traditional color-which I am not, it would be a cool limited edition option. Definately wouldn't have to worry about seeing another identical bike on the trails probably!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Demo bikes

Hi Darth Vadar,

I bought a test stumpy expert 07 model last year. It had two rides on it from being built up. I got 800 off the retail price and i love the test bike colour. Haven't had any issues what so ever. I think you have to assess the bike on an individual basis as it really depends on how many times its been demoed and how its been treated.

I would definitely buy ex demo again, no questions asked. I like the individual colours and the good saving in price.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oz
    mtbr member
    Thanks for your input, I am going to try and take one out for a ride this week. I can't wait.

DV

mtbr member
    If the place you bought it from will back it up with the life-time warranty then go for it.
    www.StudioDino.com
    The Ride: 2009 Specialized Stumpjumper / Roubaix

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    According to the shop and the Specialized CS they carry the same warranty as any of their own bikes. I purchased my Enduro Expert, and it was brand spanking new. The cool thing about the test bikes is that they are like having a custom bike since not everyone has one.

mtbr member
    Got my test/demo bike three weeks ago. Warranty is the same a "new" one. For me I was told it was only ridden twice, so that seems like its new to me. Any problems with the build or components would have been spotted and fixed after the demo rides were done. So I feel more confident that the bike is sound. Plus the money saved feels great.