President of the Internet

New question here. Talas Travel Adjustment

I got my '06 Stumpy FSR Expert a few weeks ago and noticed that when extending the Talas travel back to 130 mm from 90 mm it really hesitates to do it. It either takes me actually pulling the travel back out of the fork or riding for quite a while to return. Is this normal??? Does your travel return quickly?

I know you're supposed to weigh the shock down and then stroke it a few times. But this doesn't seem to work for me.

A side note: I also own a RS Psylo and the travel adjustmet on that is instant. The fork compress or extends as you turn the nob.

Whats the deal? Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    It says in the manual that it will take a few pumps of the shock to reach the desired height. The TALAS system isn't like the RS system where you find it dialing down immediately, it takes a little bit to keep it at the desired height.

But in your case, you might want to check the shock to make sure everything is in working order. I think someone posted on here the other day saying their TALAS shock wasn't dialing down.

My Expert takes a little bit to get going at the right height as well.

Mediocrity at its best
    Aug 2004
    When shortening the fork travel, it takes a couple of hits on the fork. When lengthening the fork travel it normally rebounds a little on its own with every few clicks.

My Talas is being rebuilt and appearantly the shop has had a couple of bad Talas forks recently. The problem you are describing is not the same as my fork, but the shop did describe that same problem in another customer's fork.

I recommend that you talk to your shop while you still have warranty and ask for their advice.

Good Luck,

Jim
    Imagination is more important than intelligence. - Albert Einstein