Missing NorCal riding,,,
    Apr 2006

TALAS on '04 30th Anniversary?

I've built up a '04 30th Anniversary Stumpy (100mm travel) and I'm considering upgrading my fork to a TALAS - but am hesitant to putting a 130mm fork on this frame. This hesitance isn't for geometry issues, but for structural questions; will the taller fork mess up the loading around the head tube? I don't want to rip the head tube off and kill the frame and severely injure me.

Thoughts?

Last edited by mtb-chop; 04-14-2006 at 07:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I had a Talas on my Anny for a while, and it was a performer so say the least. I usually kept it at 4 inches until the trail went downhill. On the long climbs, dial it down to 3 inches and get up there even quicker.

Do it, its a great fork...even try locking it out and turning the blowoff level down, with it set like that it really works well with pro pedal.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    You don't have to put a 130 mm fork on it......that's why Talas is so damn good! New Stumpys have the Talas as a stock fork, so there should be no problems.

Missing NorCal riding,,,
    Apr 2006
    And since I killed the last fork (bent stanchions) I had no choice but replace it. Now, thanks to a huge hook up, I answered my own question...oh and it rides soooooooo sweet.