mtbr member

Take 2 : my 2014 Epic Expert Marathonized !!

Kudos to Specialized Italia and my very cool LBS. My defective 2014 Expert frame entirely replaced with a 2014 Marathon frame. Funnily enough I wanted to buy the 2014 Marathon in first place but it was sold out, now I've got a Marathon for an Expert price. I was in the talk with a guy to buy his brand new Sworks white decals SID fork to make the bike look even more Marathonized but honestly I have to say red decals on the actual fork match up nicely with the FSR decals on the dropouts,it gives the bike a nice balanced look imho
    Unfortunately my LBS mech left the SWAT minitool plastic housing mounted on the old frame and I'm afraid it will be a pain in the @ss to get it back as the old frame is somewhere but at my LBS. Pretty pissed off about that,the tool thing hidden above the shock was uber cool to show off…LOL…
    Not missing the X0 stuff that comes with the Marathon.Shimano,just hit it with a hammer and it's tuned,it's truly a win win situation !! Ok too bad for the SWAT tool thing...
    Weight with XTR pedals and 2 bottle cages is 24.2 LBS,size L. Lost 300 grams from the Expert. Looking to add SL Carbon wheels later on.

Last edited by Devastazione; 01-24-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    '13 Stumpy fsr Elite 29 pimped
    '15 Tarmac Sworks

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sweet looking rig. With carbon controls already on it why get the SL's? If your looking to drop weight look to the seat post, crankset (S-Works), stem and handle bar. Enjoy that bad boy. Be well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by g-bike View Post
    Sweet looking rig. With carbon controls already on it why get the SL's? If your looking to drop weight look to the seat post, crankset (S-Works), stem and handle bar. Enjoy that bad boy. Be well.
    Sl's are more than 200 grams less over the standard carbons,removing 100gr from each wheel will be noticeable. Sworks crankset not worth it over the usual S2200 I've heard. Handlebar done already,lookg forward to replace seatpost.
    Maiden ride done,the carbon chainstay gives a more solid feedback and feeling on rough stuff,but maybe it's just the new bike factor in my head...
    '15 Tarmac Sworks

mtbr member

Take 2 : my 2014 Epic Expert Marathonized !!

Did you get charged extra for the frame upgrade or was it a straight swap?

mtbr member
    Straight swap ! Not a single cent out of my pockets,not even for picking up and delivering the bike.
    '15 Tarmac Sworks

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'd forget the SL's too and just get a light post, but if you have the extra grease, go for it.
    MCH Co-Captain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by erichwic View Post
    I'd forget the SL's too and just get a light post, but if you have the extra grease, go for it.
    No rush for the wheels,I usually buy them when they go 30% off during september. These OEM Roval Carbons are actually the 2012 Carbon SL I've had on my 2012 Epic,they are good,solid wheels.
    '15 Tarmac Sworks