Who are the brain police?

SXT: Pivot squeek

On my last ride the whenever the frame compressed one of the pivots squeaked real bad. Horrible loud sound. Took the fun out of the ride.

My question is, does anyone have advice on pivot maint.?

Its an '05 SXT. I really should have done some proactive maint. on the things, but they have been smooth up until the last ride.
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

Specialized Rida
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoman
    On my last ride the whenever the frame compressed one of the pivots squeaked real bad. Horrible loud sound. Took the fun out of the ride.

My question is, does anyone have advice on pivot maint.?

Its an '05 SXT. I really should have done some proactive maint. on the things, but they have been smooth up until the last ride.

I think the best thing for now is to take each pivot bolt out one by one and see if it's dirty/corroded. If its dirty then just clean off along with the bearing holes one by one.

Also what I do is put a light coat of grease so that water won't get in and keeps everything out plus it helps it rotate smoothly. It also keeps rust from forming on the bearings and siezeing onto the pivot bolt. It actually happended to me.

Try that. I'm pretty sure you'll be surprised on how dirty it is. Especially if you do stuff like sandy type trails or creek/water crossings.

Hope this helps