Team Sanchez

SX Trail ride pics

We just finished my buddies 06 SX trail last night, and took it for a spin this morning. Some parts:

Z-1 Light ETA
    Hayes El Camino brakes
    RF Deus cranks
    Thompson 50mm DH Stem
    King headset

Weighed in at 35.5 lbs. Enjoy.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Sweet, sweet ride indeed! Me like!

Group Hug Participant

Thats what I'm talking about!

How was his overall ride impression? What was the reason for the fork selection?
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

I'ts rideable

Thats my bike

Quote Originally Posted by RuLz
    How was his overall ride impression? What was the reason for the fork selection?
    This bike is a sweet ride. The DHX 5 is sweet. The bike corners like no other and it soaks up every bump big or small. Great frame geometry, very comfortable, and climbs suprisingly well for a 6.6" travel bike. As for the fork. I had been running a pike on my old 03 enduro and I just wanted something a little more plush. No review yet 9 rides to go before the first oil change.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D Wang
    This bike is a sweet ride. The DHX 5 is sweet. The bike corners like no other and it soaks up every bump big or small. Great frame geometry, very comfortable, and climbs suprisingly well for a 6.6" travel bike. As for the fork. I had been running a pike on my old 03 enduro and I just wanted something a little more plush. No review yet 9 rides to go before the first oil change.
    Sick bike. Teh gnar huck fest.

mtbr member

Nice Ride

I am thinking of upgrading my joker and getting the sx trail. I have the same fork, so if I get it our bikes would be kind of like twins. I am wondering how it pedals as I will be doing some pedaling on the bike, kind of an all around bike. Do you know how much the frame weighs before you built it up, or what the built weight is.

I am jealous, those drops look like fun. I am sure the bike has no troubles with them.

I'ts rideable
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Hitter
    I am thinking of upgrading my joker and getting the sx trail. I have the same fork, so if I get it our bikes would be kind of like twins. I am wondering how it pedals as I will be doing some pedaling on the bike, kind of an all around bike. Do you know how much the frame weighs before you built it up, or what the built weight is.

I am jealous, those drops look like fun. I am sure the bike has no troubles with them.
    The bike pedals great for a 6.6 inch travel bike. I love the DHX 5 it's great. 5' or 6' drops to flat is like butter. Not sure on the frame weight but the total build weight is 35.5 lbs. I have some heavy wheels on it and could robably loose some weight there. Stay with them on the up and kill them on the down.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I got to test ride a SX trail today and I am still grinning ear to ear. Our trails are still under snow, but I launched it off of some stairs and it soaked everything up nicely. The shock was not set up properly for my weight, but the SX pedals very well. No bob while seated and not a crazy amount of bobbing while standing. I was never considering an SX until I tried one today. I hate interrupted seat tubes, but cutting a little off the post could cure this. I would like to know the weight of the frame with a the coil shock.

Huge props to Specialized.

mtbr member

More info

Someone posted previously that there 06 SX trail weighed in at 8.76 with the seatpost and the chain guard. Not at bad weight, seems a little bit lighter than a six pack and about the same as a nomad with the same coil. The coil is pretty big for this frame 9.0 x 2.75 so it will be pretty heavy. I think it is a 8.5 x 2.5 for the nomad. I do wish there were more color choices though.

I am wondering how this compared to the nomad or other bikes in the category, anyone got any replies.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    It's large or medium size frame?