Mendo Bay Rider
    Oct 2006

sx trail with a pike 454

hey, i did a search but didn't find anything, so i have a pike 454 and i'm thinking about getting a sxt, will it work ok, or be really goofy?

thanks
    colin

The Other Dude
    Whats the travel on those......150mm? I have ridden My SXT with 150mm forks (05 36 Talas R and Specialized E150) and it has been great, i just got an RC2 ETA, so i am going up a bit in travel, but i am excited to see how it feels...i have heard nothing but good things about them.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I have the Pike on an enduro using the low BB shuttle. and it seems a good match.

Its the normal enduro pro model not the SXT but its close eh

Old fart
    Aug 2005
    I ran a Pike on my -05 SXT for a while. For trailriding I thought it was great. For more downhill type riding in bike parks and such I felt it was a bit short (A-C about 518mm) as the head angle was too steep in that application.
    All above imho of course
    Yeah baby!

mtbr member
    not to hijack the thread, but I can't wait to hear what you thint of the 66 jut. Ha Ha, brought you over to the DARK SIDE.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinBelisle
    hey, i did a search but didn't find anything, so i have a pike 454 and i'm thinking about getting a sxt, will it work ok, or be really goofy?

thanks
    colin
    I have seen several sxts with a Pike up front. Actually, I saw one in my lbs the other day. The bottom line is that you will have a better climbing position with the Pike and it will be steeper on the dh. If you are more of a trail rider and do the occasional freeride day or shuttle, the Pike is an awesome fork. If you do more freeride than xc/trail, I would pick something else. The Pike can handle a decent sized hit though. Lots of riders are running the Pike on their 4X, dirtjump/urban rigs. Running the Pike will just steepen up the geo a bit.

I

Mendo Bay Rider
    Oct 2006
    thanks, i do a lot of trail riding, and maybe 3 or 4 days in a bike park, so it sounds good, thanks

colin