Thread: sx trail

mtbr member

sx trail

check out my new sx trail... i havent put the cranks or seat on yet but i did get it custom powder coated...

mtbr member
    here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Duuuuuuude!!!, That is awesome. Post some more pics when it's complete. Good choice by painting the chainstays black. Gonna put the original decals back on it or jus leave it solid?

mtbr member
    i was thinking something like a sombrio sticker and maybe some other cool decals like that but no stock stickers... we'll see what i can find

mtbr member
    Damn, that's hot. Did you get that done by the "Specialized approved" painter? I would love to hear what you think of their work if it was. How long did it take? It makes me think of an Ibis...
    1997 Specialized Stumpy Pro
    1998 Specialized Allez Epic
    2007 Specialized Stumpy FSR Elite
    2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Ami Schwein
    that is sick. Is that your garage or a bike shop!?!? Daaaamn!
    Wait until Spring Bandini

mtbr member
    that looks friggen sweet bro, yes i would also like to know who did your paint job as i plan on doing some customizing to my 07 epic...

mtbr member
    i got it painted at a sheet metal shop in salt lake city... they did an ok job but painted in the bearing holes like i told them not to, took me days to dremel the paint out... i guess i got what i paid for though, it was only $50! other that that its a great paint job and it looks sick... oh yeah and that is my garage, we have a lot of bikes, my dad just ordered another one... an intense 6.6 s.s. Its a lot of bikes!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    While we are at it, check out the custom pearl finish white job on mine - also has a custom tuned Push DHX and custom tuned Fox Van 36s but I've not yet had a chance to ride it with these new additions. I have the day off Friday for that!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    very nice... that looks sick, who did yours? i had some problems with the shop that painted mine... they ignored my very specific instructions to cover up all the bearing holes... like i said, many hours with the dremel. Looks like your guys took a bit more time with it

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It was done by a place in Bristol (UK) called Argos. They are very profgessional and do quite a lot of the frame resprays for the country's bike shops. My lbs took care of removing and replacing the bearings but they said that Argos are very good to mask the frame in all the right places. The only small problem I had was that they didn't mask the lower linkage pivot, i.e. where the link plate attaches to the frame. This meant that I couldn't get the link plate to fit and had to scrape the paint off. It was a relatively easy job, once I'd figured out the problem. The other thing was that it wasn't cheap, in all with carriage, the new transfers and labour at the lbs for the bearings and headset etc, it came to 220/$440. But I think it's worth it because it looks like a whole new bike. Going to ride it this Friday!

mtbr member
    once you`ve ridden it let me know what the pushed shock is like? thinking of having mine done,and if your ever down afan/glyncorrwg way give me a shout!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I have a push tuned DHX on my Demo 8 and it made a huge difference. I will be over afan/glyncorrwg fairly soon as I want to ride the new energy section on the whites level. I'll drop you a line when I am over.

mtbr member
    sweet,the new section is really good,and makes whytes level even better

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Here's mine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    [QUOTE=Dibs]Here's mine.

Beautiful bike mate!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    this is mine... the same original 2008 paint scheme (not many options)... i just painted the forks