mtbr member
    Jun 2004

sx trail 2011 sizing

What size is recomended for a 5'10' tall person?
    I plan to use the bike as a trail bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

I would say Large

(This is Sven Trials' wife posting) I purchased a medium SX Trail II one month ago...I am 5' 3" and it is perfect for me. The rear shock spring is 500lb., and 550 for large, I believe. The spring was stiff at first, but broke in after a couple of rides. I had ordered a 450lb. spring (I weigh 125) but, had it sent back as the 500lb. is working well.

I do a lot of trail riding, too, and absolutely love this bike - so fun! It is 37#, but I can climb everything I do on my lighter AM bikes. I only do smaller jumps/drops, but it is very stable in the air. Rips on gnarly DH trails!

mtbr member
    Don't buy a sx trail for a trail bike!!!!!!!!!!! It is essentially a mini DH bike. Yes you can climb on it, but it blows. Buy an enduro if you want a trail bike, flys up the hills and crushes downhills with a 66 degree head angle and low BB!

Sven's wife: if you're 5'3" you definitely want to get yourself on a small, you don't even know what you are missing out on.

I'm 6 ft and ride a medium SX trail, Demo, Camber and Enduro and they are all perfect for me. OP get a medium, you'll be spruced.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Can't comment on the SX Trail, but I've got a 2011 Enduro and I'm ~5'6" and ride a medium. I'd recommend the same for the OP. The Enduro's feel a bit large for their size.
    I'd agree that you don't want an SX Trail for a trail bike... The Enduro is even a lot of bike for most trails that aren't DH oriented. It's a damn tough bike.