mtbr member
    Dec 2004

SX Handlebar replacement

I recently got a 2009 SX Trail 1 (stock).

What is the deal with the narrow handlebar they stocked on these? Should I just buy the bar that comes on the 2010s for $40, or is there some better/other alternative for around the same price?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    More alternatives than anyone with a life would have time to list........check out somewhere like chain reaction cycles youll find plenty (everyone is making wide bars now)

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    yeah, that was probably a stupid question on my part . . . One thing I'm wondering though, If I go from a 26" bar to a 30" bar, will that affect shifting/braking, and/or will the current length of my shifting/braking cables be adequate?
    Looking for an answer from someone who has swapped out the bar on their '09.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

2009 sx trail one wide bars

i own a 09 sxt one and destoyed those tiny stock bars up at northstar. upgraded to some 30" bars and will never go back. fits great on the bike and had no trouble installing. wider bars will not change braking but they will increase stability in the rough stuff and make it easier to hold a line

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    that's what I thought, but did you have to get longer cables for brakes or shifters, or were they able to accommodate the extra length of handlebar? As it is, mine seem someone "tight" in their length and are rubbing on the frame a bit.