Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005

sx geometry options

i have a 06 sx that i basically don't use. ( i prefer my hardtail for 4x and jumping etc) i have tried it on the trails and don't much like it there. ( bash pedals on everything) did the '06 sx come with 2 shock mounts ? (like my '05 enduro) if yes, well i didn't get it from my lbs. if yes, is anyone running the sx with a higher bb/ steeper head tube? i currently run my forks at 110mm. if there was another shock mount available i could run my forks longer and maintain the same steering characteristics and then maybe use the bike for freeride etc.

failing this i guess i will swap all the parts out onto an sx trail.

The Other Dude
    It says the frame has "adjustable slalom geometry" but it doesn't say anything about different shock shuttles, where it does mention them in the other enduros descriptions.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    yes, it comes with 2 shock shuttles, if you look on the bottom on the frame by the bottom bracket it lists the two geometry differences, also if you look on the specialized site it'll mention the same, 110mm forks are way too short for an sx trail :S
    i have an 06 trail with the higher BB with 150mm marzocchi z1 lights, and it's fine for trail riding as i use it in Wales in england and all over, even riding to work. The B.B. is slightly lower than what you come to expect, but once you run the higher BB shuttle and you get used to the bike it's just awesome for trail riding

The Other Dude
    I believe he is talking about the Enduro SX, not the enduro SX Trail they a different frames.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    enduros still come with different shuttles, they are a different shape for the enduro sx trail and the normal enduro and on the sx trail it comes as two parts and on the normal enduro its a one piece shuttle

The Other Dude
    there are 3 frames, the enduro frame, the sx trail frame, and the sx frame.

UNDEAD
    gosh I wish I had the money to dump on a bike and decide after the fact that I don't like it
    Sorry
    I had to do it

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    yes, in britain we only have 2, but they both sx versions have two different shuttles

mtbr member
    I have the 06 SX as well and it does come with 2 shock shuttles.
    I actually like the steeper shuttle for everything. Its quicker steering for slalom, and the slightly higher bottom bracket is better for trails. It comes stock with the slack shuttle installed, which is probaly the one that you have. Good luck getting the steeper one.
    SEI Racing

Aussie Battler
    Sep 2005
    thanks jut8, like you say, i'm talking about an SX not an SX TRAIL!

Jeremy R. does the steep shuttle have a part number or any details on it, i'd like to check to see if it is the same as my enduro shuttle.

hey snow-man, thanks for the pointless post.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    you can order the shuttles from specialized, look in your frame manual and it shows the parts listing for all of the parts on the frame and you'll find the part number for the shuttles, like i said, sx and sx trail have different shuttles.....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnold

Jeremy R. does the steep shuttle have a part number or any details on it, i'd like to check to see if it is the same as my enduro shuttle.

Yeah, it has the geometry numbers actually written on it.
    69 degree head angle etcc.....
    SEI Racing